• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Suitable brushes

Shanj19

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea has long hair, I was wondering what brushes are suitable? If you could show me pictures that would be even better!A61CBACB-63EF-423B-B032-C8F67EC62CAD.jpeg

Hi, he doesn't look particularly long haired at the minute. Looks more like an abysinnian and mine never needed brushing. If you want to brush I would recommend the soft bristled one (like the babies hair brushes you can get) or the bobbly ones that say they massage the skin. A couple of my abysinnians have enjoyed a brush but not all

Hi, he doesn't look particularly long haired at the minute. Looks more like an abysinnian and mine never needed brushing. If you want to brush I would recommend the soft bristled one (like the babies hair brushes you can get) or the bobbly ones that say they massage the skin. A couple of my abysinnians have enjoyed a brush but not all
Will his hair not get much longer then?

I have what I think is a aby . Her Hair is asant to long and if it does start to gown to much I just snip a little to make it look neat :)

Will his hair not get much longer then?

That all depends on his breed. If he's abysinnian then no. If he's a mix then possibly. I had an abyruvian previously and expected her hair to grow more but it never did and she did not like a brush at all so I never bothered

My aby cross doesn’t need a brush I just give her a bit of a stroke and inspection of undercarriage!

I think my Harold is a aby and he loves a good brush! He has slightly longer hair on his bum and he's molting so much at the moment. I had a small dog brush that had two sides it was ok but just moved the loose hair around. I've recently got a cat brush from Wilkos that is like a metal comb and it picks up all his hair :) he doesnt always need brushing but he does like it.

I don't brush my Finn's hair even though he has long hair, which I cut. I don't want to bother Finn too much. He already has to deal with hair cut, nail cut, and baths.

Back