• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

suitable indoor cage for 3 pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPG

Reaction score
I REALLY dont want to rehome my 3 girls :(

I'm thinking about just going for it and bringing them indoors when dad isnt home and hopefully he wont notice for a few days! :))

I havent hte space or money for a C&C, what indoor cage is suitable for 3 piggys. It will be cleaned out every couple of days and if they are indoors they will recieve much more laptime and attention :)

ETA: I know we have a thread similar to this, but I'm at work and dont have time to find it, i also would be buying/loooking for teh reccomended cages this afteroon.

Ooh Kimberleyswheekers - that's the cage I have just bought for my Patchy!

Ooh - interesting to see you have 3 pigs in yours......I wonder if Patchy needs a friend hee hee hee!

How much time out would they need if i was to buy something this size?

ETA:

Would this one be suitable? Its in the same 120cm category, but its a weeny bit bigger (only be a couple of cms!) but its cheaper too!

Theyre both out of my price range :(:(

Do you need to have a lid on it? When we found out that Mabelle was a boar (pet shop mix up that as a new owner I didn't spot!) we put him in the run that we had whilst he was recovering from neutering and whilst Sasha nursed her babies. This is the one we had [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savic-Park-Hexagonal-Small-Animal/dp/B000LXWVCQ"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savic-Park-Hexagonal-Small-Animal/dp/B000LXWVCQ[/ame] which we got from P@H (we have two of them now) - If you set it up as a rectangle instead, it is 80cm x 160cm. It is also 60cm high, so plenty of room for an upper level if you wanted.

P1000106a.jpg

P1000118.jpg

It wasn't a permanent home for ours, so underneath we had some of those large carpet door mat things, then towels, then fleece, but if it is a permanent home, you could make a tray from correx for them instead. Also, the spokes that hold the panels together stick up higher as they are supposed to be pushed down into the ground when you set it up in the garden. I'm sure you could either make your own, or have the ones cut shorter if this was a problem but as we have no young children about etc, we didn't find it an issue. With younger people running about I would suggest adapting as if you fell on it... ouch!

Yes i have 2 pens, but they have to be in my room and until the rabbits go out in summer i dont have space for another one like this :(

...what about the link i just gave you?

If you have to compromise on space and have to have a 120 the best is the Ferplast. The Skyline is more difficult to clean out and picking the pigs up isn't as easy - the front door is very small.

They will need a lot of floor time to make up for the smaller size - if you fix something that they have access to all the time it would make their lives so much more interesting.

I don't like the two level cages but this might be an option to consider.

Suzy x

By the sounds of thinks, the home i have lined up for them will provide more space than i ever could whilst I'm living at home.

Should i let them go, and stop being selfish? 8... I just dont know what to do, i really dont want to see them go.

Could you possibly make a C&C cage? They can be made to any size and shape, so they might be easier to fit into the space you have for them? And if it would take up too much room you could build up and have more levels of the cage. Sorry if someone's already suggested this :)

Building a C+C cage isn't as expensive as a shop brought cage that would be big enough for three guineas, a box of 24 grids would cost around £20 and then the correx sheet would be about £10. You won't find one in the shops for that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back