• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Supreme Science Selective

Kylie80

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
Our local pet food warehouse has just got Supreme Science Selective in store and was wondering if any one knows if it is a good pellet to feed the piggies as it claims to be sugar free but it contains alfalfa and dandelion which I know the former is high in calcium. At present they are eating a mix of Oxbow for Adult Guinea Pigs and Oxbow Garden Select. Australia stores don't have much in the way of brands that aren't filled will rubbish ingredient's to choose from and Oxbow and Burgess are the only well known brands I can get online.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to feed this and found it a good pellet. I have switched to their grain free version now

Sibo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine are on there grain free and love it.

KathT

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Update... Dot decided she has gone off of grain free. Face palm
My one pig who has suffered with bladder stones has decided she doesn’t like them either - and she’s the one I got them for!:hmm: Luckily I still have plenty of the normal science selective and she gets a few of them. They’re such a worry though, aren’t they!?

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My one pig who has suffered with bladder stones has decided she doesn’t like them either - and she’s the one I got them for!:hmm: Luckily I still have plenty of the normal science selective and she gets a few of them. They’re such a worry though, aren’t they!?
Yep! Dot has I. C and it worries me from time to time. Sometimes bad flare ups

Kylie80

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
We can’t get grainfree pellets here yet only for dogs and cats otherwise i’d buy them for the girls, they probably wouldn’t eat them though just to be awkward lol.

Goldie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been feeding my piggies on Science Selective for quite a few years and I am very happy with it and so are they 👍.

I have bought a bag of the grain-free version but haven’t tried them with it yet.