• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Swapping pellets

Pebbles26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
my pigs are currently on woodlands natural nuggets, but they pick at them and don't really eat them, I want to change to Burgess excel, can I just change them? as they are not eating the others? thanks :)

Hi, you should gradually transition them to new pellets across a period of a week so as not to upset their delicate tummies.
So on the first day swap out 10% for the new pellet and increase across the week.

My girls are on the blackcurrent and oregano ones, when I tried to move them across to these, they totally ignored the old brand so the transition period didn’t really work for us!

When I changed mine from the Pets at Home stuff to Harringtons I slowly introduced them to the new pellets over the course of a week or so gradually adding more of the Harringtons each time I filled up the food bowls until they were Harringtons 100%. Velvet loves the Harrington Pellets and would eat them all day if I let her (which of course I don't!)

Helpful thread, good to know I can actually change pellets over time.

My boy Finn's pellets are different from Lara's because she recently joined our family. I wondered if I had to keep buying different pellets for both Finn and Lara.

well I tried and they just leave all the old ones 😂 blooming fussy pigs, I'm just giving them a very small amount, and will build up how much, they love the burgees blackcurrant ones didn't leave any.

Back