• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Swede

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is safe to eat, but whether they eat it is another thing... Ours silently mocked the choice of vegetable...

Mine have a reluctant nibble.but 'm wondering if it's amongst the veggies that are fattening though

Yes it's a turnip. Only a select few of mine will eat it, they're very picky about if they eat it, hence I don't often feed it.

x
I like turnips too much to share with my pigs lol! I'd gobble them up before they got anywhere close to the cage ;)

I like turnips too much to share with my pigs lol! I'd gobble them up before they got anywhere close to the cage ;)

I eat more swede preparing their veg than they get . It's my way of getting one of my 5 a day.

I've heard that it's good to perseveretrying guinea pigs with swede as it's a good source of vitamin C

I have given it mine a couple of times and they seemed to enjoy it.will give it them a bit more often if its a good source of vitamin c

I have never tried mine on this. I wonder if it would be something to try to add to their variety.

I sometimes give mine a few small bits of swede instead of parsnip, just for a change. But they are difficult to cut, they're so hard!
If you can get them with the leaves on, they are good for scalping practice! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back