• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Swelling around bum and testicles

SparkyD

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello

We have a boar of around 5 years of age (named Sherlock) and about a month ago we noticed his bum/testicle area looks very swollen (it definitely wasn't that big before) he does suffer from compaction on occasions but even after a clean out the swelling remains, we did take him to the vet but they didn't know why it was swollen and just advised us to apply sudocrem to the area but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. He seems his usual self and is still eating and drinking and the swelling isn't hot to the touch.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? We are happy to take him back to the vet but just don't want to be told that they don't know again. I do have a picture of Sherlock but not sure how to upload it?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:agr: If they don't know what it is then I don't understand why sudocrem would work. Was there some kind of wound or sore there? In any case I wouldn't recommend sudocrem. Have a look on the vet locator and go for a second opinion if you feel the need to.
Vet Locator

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

We have a boar of around 5 years of age (named Sherlock) and about a month ago we noticed his bum/testicle area looks very swollen (it definitely wasn't that big before) he does suffer from compaction on occasions but even after a clean out the swelling remains, we did take him to the vet but they didn't know why it was swollen and just advised us to apply sudocrem to the area but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. He seems his usual self and is still eating and drinking and the swelling isn't hot to the touch.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? We are happy to take him back to the vet but just don't want to be told that they don't know again. I do have a picture of Sherlock but not sure how to upload it?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Hi!

Please see a different vet. Here is our recommended vets locator: Vet Locator

Sudocrem is won't do anything for the issue.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
All the best! I hope that your new vets will get to the bottom of what is the matter.