• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Switching the boys nuggits

Maddy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys
Noticed the boys great and small food was running low so I am switching them from great and small to Harringtons nuggets and I am wondering how much to give each nugget during the nuggets swich over if that make sence
How has people done this i know everybody is different but I just wanted peoples opinions /Experiences are when switching nuggets how much to give each nugget

I have them half and half when switching them over on to Harrington’s and then 1/3 of Harrington’s before eventually just giving them all 100% Harrington’s

I do the same - increase the proportion of new mix to old mix over a few days before stopping the old completely.

Yep a gradual increase of the new nuggets whilst decreasing he old!

Now they fussy buggers and are having issues with the nuggets
They are not very happy with them but it’s just a case of trying them until they except them I think

I still have some of their original food that I give them occasionally but they’re on Harringtons

They seem to be having lots of enjoyment from the Harringtons which is great. I think the Harringtons nuggets feel a bit strange though
Yes definitely an strange textured food

Harringtons are a good food Maddie. Mine love them. They may feel strange but Velvet absolutely loves them and prefers them to anything else. Given a choice of forage or Harringtons she will go for the Harringtons every time where as the others go for the forage.

They like that a lot better than the last food they were on

Right now they’re on a mix of great and small nuggets and Harringtons They seem to really likethe mix of the 2

They can be very fussy and very picky sometimes guinea pigs
That’s what I found

Back