• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Swollen Bottom- Dropped Testicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppaMommy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys- I'm a fairly new cavy owner. We live in Montana. Appa has long white hair. I've had my pig for about 6 months. He's about a year old now. I took him to the vet last week because his bottom was swollen and sticky. I was told it was the oil gland that was a little infected. We've been doing warm compresses and topical antibiotics. All of the stickyness has disapeered but his bottom is still a bit swollen. Now it is on either side of his penis. Is it likely just his testicles? I thought he'd be done with puberty by the time I got him at roughly 6 months. It seems odd that his balls would drop now. Thoughts?

Have you got a photo so we can see exactly what the problem is? My barney is king of the dangleberries - it's amazing how big they can get!

image.jpg

@AbiS that photo should be x rated! :yikes::))

and I thought Tango and Cash were bad ...

IMAG0012-1.jpg IMAG0038-1.jpg

Quite impressive isn't he! Definitely no girlie pigs allowed - he could do a lot of damage with those bad boys! :lol!:

If it is symmetrical, it is likely to be his testicles. Not all descend quite that early. Some boys can develop proper "treasure chests".
Any one-sided swelling needs to be investigated, as it could be an abscess or a hernia.

I'm sorry this took so long. I've been sick. anyway I talked to the vet. Appa did just have his testicles drop. Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back