• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Taking the pigs on holiday

Pebbles26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two boys, and they are around 6 months old now and quite confident, I'm taking them away on Sunday for a week to cornwall as I'm going to stay with family, the drive is 1 hour and 45 minutes, I've brought a cat carrier to transport them in, will this be ok, if I put some hay in? and its got metal grids on the front so I can attach a water bottle also, do they travel well I really dont want to stress them out.

Hi yes that would be ok for a car journey with lots of hay. maybe put a towel over one end to help them feel safe.

That should be fine. Make sure your car isn't hot too.

Sounds good to me! Make frequent stops to check on them and give them some veg like cucumber or pepper. As @Flutterby says make sure the car isn't too hot. Are they going in the boot? If so make sure there is enough air flow and no exhaust fumes. If they are travelling in the car try and wedge the cat carrier down on the floor between the back and front seats. Failing that see if you can pop the rear seat belt around the carrier on the back seat.

great thanks everyone, they will be going in the back seat with the windows down a tiny bit, to keep them cool, and lots of hay, and I'll do the seatbelt thing too :) whoo piggy holiday haha :)

Back