• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Talking all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
3 month old Fudge constantly squeaks, in fact the only time he shuts up is when he's eating or sleeping (my OH says just like his mummy ;D). How normal is it to be so vocal? I want to add more piggies near to him and when he's older get him a friend, but I'm beginning to think it'll be so noisy! He does sound very sweet - is he doing it cos he's happy/hungry/pleased to see me/fed up ?

Just like my Rocky - always muttering. It's lovely, he sounds very happy to me.

Some pigs are just chatterboxes!

It could be because he feels a bit lonely so you may find it quietens down when he has another pig near him. He could just be a noise maker like my Ernie mind you - never a moments peace here since he arrived!

Awww I like talking pigs. Bubba is a talking pig, especially when you have him out... he doesn't shut up! It would be lovely to give your talking Fudge a friend to chatter away to. Bubba loves this and has put on 6oz since having a pal! :)

Barmy4boars said:
Awww I like talking pigs. Bubba is a talking pig, especially when you have him out... he doesn't shut up! It would be lovely to give your talking Fudge a friend to chatter away to. Bubba loves this and has put on 6oz since having a pal! :)

I think I'll get another male alongside him separated by a grid. Do you think this would be sufficient company for him? I'm not experienced with piggies and would worry about bonding one to him right now.

That would be perfect - or even just another pig in a seperate cage but close by. That is how all my single boars live and they love it! They seem a lot more perky when there is another pig around to keep them on their toes!

Yeah I think that would be fab. i have an akward pig who won't accept a friend in his cage and he loves this. I also introduced my first two piggys this way. Got them to live next door to each other never expecting they would accept each other, but they seemed to get on so well through the bars I gave it a go.

Just need to evict my bunny into the shed where she's (hopefully) going to live in marital bliss which leaves me with loads of room to extend my cage. Thanks for the advice, will let you know how I get on

Kathryn xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back