• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tallulah has an abscess :(

On saturday morning the hole was twice as big with raggy wet inflamed edges balanced on a golf ball of fluid and inflamed tissue... so I think she's doing ok :) saturday both me and the vet thought it was all over really but after starting the honey treatment and seeing her cuddled up with piggy daddy on saturday night, and watching her playing in a box of hay on sunday morning like nothing was wrong, I gave myself (and the vet!) a bit of a talking to, like, Tallulah doesnt know she's ill, so let's just lose the horrified sad faces and get on with it...

Tallulah is doing well today thanks, her wound was still looking good this morning, now she's eating an apple slice and a couple of pea pods helping piggy daddy do the poop scoop jobs by pooping a lot. There were 48 fresh healthy poops in her fleecy house just since we emptied it this morning! But none in her wooden house, I think the fleecy house is the new toilet :)

Piggy daddy is an idiot and just tried to drink the sterile saline I made for tonight's wound flush! It may be in a tea mug near the kettle but it has a big label saying "sterile saline" on the side. Also its salty water not tea. Now I have to make some fresh seeing as he's dipped his mucky beard in it and filled it with biscuit crumbs...

Hehe men sometimes do the silliest things! Glad little Tallulah is eating well and doing plenty of poops x

Here's probably the best photo I've taken of my bat-hippo so far :) she's becoming really chilled about being handled, she knows what's going to happen and its ok because it takes like 5 minutes then she gets a big meal! She's still gaining weight even with all this going on bless her, much more hippo tummy than bat skinny! Vets tomorrow anyway, I hope they are pleased with how she's doing...
20190319_183234.jpg

Lovely to see Tallulah, she really is a gorgeous skinny pig. You are doing such a great job looking after her. 💕
Hope all goes well at the vets today.

Fingers crossed for Tallulah at the vets. She's a lovely looking little hippo piggy. I had a naked dumbo rat several years ago, she had a hairy nose and mad curly wickets too. She also looked like a small clanger.
Come on Tallulah you're so brave.xx

Tallulah is just back from the vets, she's doing very well! She's had a thorough wound clean with hibiscrub and scrubbing off the scabby bits, and here's a comparsion of her wound now (still a bit gruesome but a lot better)
2019-03-20 17.50.52.jpg

With my previous wound pic from Monday

2019-03-20 17.50.10.jpg

That's much smaller and cleaner looking, right? There was a tiny bit of infection but quite superficial, just under the biggest scab- the vet scrubbed everything out and we just need to keep up the baytril, loxicom, and twice daily saline flushes and manuka honey. I'm really happy with how things are going :)

That looks better! What an expensive piggy little Hippo Franken Holey Crater Sticky Bat Pig 🦛🕳🍯🦇🐖 is turning out to be. But she's worth every penny💕💖:love:
It was actually the first post-op appointment we were charged for today, we've only paid for drugs and honey so far lol... I guess the warranty expires after 6 post-op checks in a week :) but yes she's worth every penny and piggy daddy has some extra evening care work shifts this week to help cover the bat-hippo expenses!

Even better then!
Much better, he's been down to 1 half-hour evening care work call because one of his elderly folk is in hospital, but now he's got 3 calls so I get a quiet evening at home with a bottle of wine for me and a nice bag of salad for the piggies and nobody dipping biscuits in my sterile saline :)

Back