• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Taming/hand Feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carla-1990

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is it good that my guinea pigs will hand feed after just 24 hours? Thanks in advance ;)

Are they taking food straight from your hand ? If they are doing this , they trust you enough to do so , so it is a good sign.

I can see you are going to be a true guinea slave !

[QUOTgyOwner, post: 1732142, member: 114675"]I can see you are going to be a true guinea slave ![/QUOTE]
Dumb moment what does that mean hahaha

[QUOTgyOwner, post: 1732142, member: 114675"]I can see you are going to be a true guinea slave !
Dumb moment what does that mean hahaha[/QUOTE]

It's a running joke - a lot of us refer to ourselves a guinea pig slaves implying that we are here to serve them.

I just managed to get them both to nibble on some red pepper from my fingers :)

I find when getting them to hand feed look at them more side on & I used to lay on the floor to be more their level. Works with my more timid pigs

The things we do for our piggies. To an outsider I probably looked insane laying on the floor next to their cage trying not to look directly at them :lol!:

The things we do for our piggies. To an outsider I probably looked insane laying on the floor next to their cage trying not to look directly at them :lol!:
Lol oh well! I think I'm pretty pleased with the progress ive made.. both piggies came to me this morning to feed from my fingers.. one even sniffed my hand and walked past my arm. . Is that good lol x

Feelin very pleased today ! :)

Attachments

• 20150501_101029.jpg
    20150501_101029.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
Mine ate from my hands quickly too which surprised me. They will eat from me when I'm holding them but they won't voluntarily come up to me for food. They are however getting braver when I'm cleaning them out and feeding them, by venturing our of their log tunnel :)

Mine ate from my hands quickly too which surprised me. They will eat from me when I'm holding them but they won't voluntarily come up to me for food. They are however getting braver when I'm cleaning them out and feeding them, by venturing our of their log tunnel :)

Aww mine are opposite. Wont eat Iif I hold them they are running around more wen I'm in there cage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back