• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Teas - 1st Annual Animal Rescue Fair 17th Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
14141525_1089680047752867_6160988904609648000_n.jpg

As always, with plenty of my delicious cakes - including vegan, gluten-free and diabetes friendly options!
This year, you can also meet Hywel from the Tribe with some other TEAS residents.

The caravanning cavies will also be there for cuddles in return for any loose change in your purses. Did a site visit today and can confirm only 4 mins from j15 m1 and still within speed limit.

I am hosting the cake corner, so there will be seriously delicious cakes of all sorts - including a choice of vegan!

Not to mentions hordes of guinea pig gingerbreads!
upload_2016-9-14_22-25-7.jpeg

Hywel from the Tribe is also going to attend with his new TEAS wives.

I would love to have come but its a bit too far as I have to look after a 17yr old terrier who needs a lot of attention.
But I will send a donation in lieu to recognise all the hard work that everyone puts into the Sanctuary.
What is the best way now to make a donation? @furryfriends (TEAS) thanks

Last edited:
Tees Valley Guinea Pig Rescue will have a double stall with tombola plus lots of piggy stuff including food, bowls, bottles & cosies. All of these are well below online & pet store prices & you'll also be helping us to subsidise our food bill. Here's a list of most of the things I'll have on sale:-
Food & Sundries Price List
Wagg Guinea Pig Crunch 2Kg @ £2.50
Wagg Guinea Pig Crunch 15Kg @ £15.00
Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Blackcurrant & Oregano 2Kg @ £4.50
Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Mint 2Kg @ £4.50
Burgess Excel Guinea Pig Nuggets with Mint 10Kg @ £18.00
Harringtons Optimum Guinea Pig Food 2Kg @ £3.00
Harringtons Optimum Guinea Pig Food 10Kg @ £12.00
Country Value Guinea Pig Fruity Nuggets 1.5Kg @ £2.50
Country Value Guinea Pig Fruity Nuggets 10Kg @ £12.50
Readigrass from bulk 500g @ £1.00
Animal Dreams Timothy Hay 1Kg @ £2.00
Oxbow Alfalfa Hay (Ideal for pregnant mother & babies) 425g @ £5
Bin bag of Meadow Hay - £1.00
Supreme Stickles with Timothy Hay & Herbs (pkt.2) - £2.00
Earthen Bowl 8cm x 5cm - £1.00
Orange or Green Bowl 12cm x 5cm - £1.50
Matt Blue Bowl 14cm x 4cm - £2.00
Earthen 6 inch Bowl - £3.00
300ml Classic Bottle £1.00
Back2Nature Bedding 30Litre bag £12.00
Fleece Cosies - £7.00

If the brand you want isn't listed or you want something for other pets please let me know on Friday morning as I'll be restocking on Friday afternoon. I'll get back quickly with best price.

Hoping to meet lots of old friend & make new friends :) xx

I would love to have come but its a bit too far as I have to look after a 17yr old terrier who needs a lot of attention.
But I will send a donation in lieu to recognise all the hard work that everyone puts into the Sanctuary.
What is the best way now to make a donation? @furryfriends (TEAS) thanks
I use Paypal to donate to various rescues, seems to work well! I have an elderly and wobbly little Foster dog at the moment, currently with colitis!, so know what you are coping with.

Thanks @AuntyC. I only asked because the Donate button on the website didn't work for me. But I have just sent a donation via Pay Pal as you advised.
Good luck with your Foster dog. I hope to get involved with fostering dogs sometime in the future but at present my dog doesn't really care for any other dogs.

Once again I'm going to bow out if this. Only got home from holiday early this morning and with around a 21 hour door to door journey home I'm not keen on doing more travelling (plus my MOT ran out while on holiday so would need to convince my oh to drive lol). Best of luck with it and I hope to make the next one

This looks amazing. Hope everyone that goes has a great time (I'm sure they will though!).

Wiebke, everytime you share a picture of the things you bake you make me feel really hungry! The gingerbread guinea pigs look yummy.

My very own bake-off is in full swing this week!
Just one last cake outstanding (#6 for today!) and then a good deal of decorating to do!

I am taking to the fair:
- my family recipe indulgent rich melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cake with almonds and a hint of brandy. Makes also a very nice dessert with some fresh fruit and cream!
- traditional Swiss triple triple chocolate cake with three different chocolates and three forms of chocolate. But even with nearly half a kilo of melted chocolate in it, it is surprisingly light and delicious!
- authentic Black Forest gateau with kirsch - once you taste a proper one, you know why it has become a classic!
I have grown up only 5 miles south of the Black Forest where a homemade gateau is still an instant sell-out at every village fete.
- For those who don't like alcohol, there is a chocolate and cherry cake with cherries and a chocolate and cherry cream (gluten-free, but tasty for everybody!)
- traditional Swiss carrot cake with almonds - very moist and carroty, and incidentally gluten-free
- Swiss lemon drizzle - the sponge is slightly denser so it can stand up to some real lemon zing!
- Tyrolian hazelnut and chocolate-chip cake. A classic Austrian recipe that is still going strong. A great match of flavours and textures!
- Fresh ripe plums sponge cake with a hint of cinnamon for those who love it fruity!
- banana and walnut loaf (dairy and egg-free)
- Nutcracker's Delight fruit and nut slices with lots of different fruit and nuts
- my German granny's baked quark cheesecake; this year with lemon and lime - deliciously light and refreshing!
- Basel Leckerli "Little Delicious Ones" - a 600 year old invention that has stood the time and is still a firm favourite. Made with honey, almonds, candied peel, spices and a hint of kirsch, and deceptively moreish!
- baked miniature cheese cakes - for those who love their cheesecake more solid.
- a variety of muffins, all egg and dairy-free, but frankly very light and moist, much more so than the traditional recipes I have tried:
- punchy choc-orange
- fresh raspberry and strawberry with almonds
- fresh blueberry and lemon
- And of course, LOTS of guinea pig gingerbread!

Of course, you don't have to just eat in, but you are also welcome to take stuff back home for a second helping!

@Teddybear22 - you should feel very very faint from ravings and cravings after reading this! :D

Thanks @AuntyC. I only asked because the Donate button on the website didn't work for me. But I have just sent a donation via Pay Pal as you advised.
Good luck with your Foster dog. I hope to get involved with fostering dogs sometime in the future but at present my dog doesn't really care for any other dogs.
Little Titch has got some meds from the vet today, so fingers crossed he recovers soon! It is a recurring issue so really think it needs further investigations. I prefer fostering piggies, but will happily foster urgent, in need,dogs if it means they get a second chance. We only have a small end terrace house and I have Fibromyalgia so we are limited in how many animals we have at any one time! I don't regret one moment though:nod:

@Wiebke I'm really glad that after reading that list I'm about to have dinner... :)) but still wow. Your house must smell like heaven!

@Wiebke I'm really glad that after reading that list I'm about to have dinner... :)) but still wow. Your house must smell like heaven!

It does smell great, but it is also supremely sticky and dusty just about everywhere in the kitchen because every available surface is covered in cakes now - and so am I all over! :mal:

If anyone would like a lift & can get to a junction of the A1M, M18 or M1 between Dishforth, North Yorks & M1 Junction 15, Northampton. I have a space for one passenger who would also be willing to help on our stall. Cheeky aren't I but if you don't ask you don't get :) xx
Hi @Stewybus i would like to be a passenger and help out at your stall !thanks Eileen:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back