• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Technology advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's my CD player. It is about five years old.

A new CD plays OK the first couple of times, then starts jamming. Old CDs jam too, so I imagine it is the player. However, they tend to jam in exactly the same places, so is it the CDs as well? Confused. Any ideas?

you may find the laser need to be cleaned. i can unscrew the back of mine and use a cotton bud to clean it. If you do that take the plug out before hand. or have a look in your local paper there maybe someone in there who is chap and will have a look.

Piggiewiggy said:
you may find the laser need to be cleaned. i can unscrew the back of mine and use a cotton bud to clean it. If you do that take the plug out before hand. or have a look in your local paper there maybe someone in there who is chap and will have a look.
yea this works.
you can also clean the cd with some mild alcohol or cd cleanser. but clean it outwards not side to side or it will scratch.

the only problem with those cd cleaning disk things is that your cd player needs to be able to read the disk to work.

i would suggest blowing into the cd bay jus to get rid of any excess dust, as this is what might be causing this, otherwise trying to get to the lazer and cleaning that with a soft cloth, nothing with particles on, then that should work, otherwise it might be the actual cd player and a new one might be in order.

Grrrr, A new one.

I will have a look and see if I can find the laser-thingy or rather ask any of my men friends to find it!

Thanks for the ideas.

Lol if you men friends are anything like my dad then they will act like they know excatly what is wrong pull the thing apart then do something to it that really doesnt help then put if back together and the power light wont even come on! lol thats why i got a new DVD player :D x :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back