• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Teen Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ss4ya

Do guinea pigs go through a teenage rebellion stage. just bumble has all of a sudden started to be really moody with taz, could this be caused by taz pushing his weight around a bit, and now that bumble is bigger, bumble is starting to give back.

will they snap out of it and get on like they used to.

They definately have a terrible teens stage! Boars are especially bad with it.

Just keep a close eye on them - hopefully it will pass and harmony will reign again! Some boars do have to be split at this stage though - have a look at the Barmy4Boars site for lots of great information about piggie boys and their funny ways!

they arent fighting, just giving each other the eye.

whenever i am near them and they start getting moody, i give them a little tap on their bum.

Yes! they do the boys have mood swings, Zubin was like that a little while ago but hes older now and getting less moody and harrys beginnig to get mean too lol they'll get over it! x

That's boys for you! Ton's no teenager, but he's having a bit of a mood with Guinea at the mo. It's funny! He's got his moody face on!

Same here, they've actually flown at each other a few times in the last couple of days. As yet there has been no bloodshed but I can see them having to be separated soon :(

They've been together since January when Piggie was 2 months and Chester 3 months, we got them 10 days apart (piggie first) they did the domination sorting bit at first then all was fine for a while till Piggie hit Puberty then he started to challenge Chesters dominance.

Now i'm confused because I thought the tables had turned and that Piggie was dominant and picking on Chester and felt all sorry for Chester, but a couple of times i've seen things that make me think it might be the other way round. I don't know what to do for the best, they aren't constantly fighting, just lots of butt wiggling, teeth chattering and a couple of bites that didnt draw blood. And there's been some keeping away of food by both of them. We have two of everything.

Do I hold out a bit longer or just separate them before there's bloodshed? God I thought raising kids was hard you know sibling rivalry etc, but piggys are just as bad lol ;D

Maybe hold out a little bit more.. Jin and Ton were occasionally like that and Ton still has his moments now with Guinea! I guess as long as it's only now and again, and it's not a bad fight/bite then it may be ok.

well bumble and taz just do the bum wiggling at the moment, i would keep them together for now, see how they go as you dont want to separate them just in case in a little while they calm down and become best buddies.

we found that bumble and taz were fighting because there wasnt enough space in their house and what not, so we got them a bigger house and they have improved alot, but still not perfect.

they need plenty of room and some where to hide, each to go if the other ones got a moody on, plus make sure there is 2 food and 2 water so they have nothing to argue about, they do go through puberty, floos doing it the moment with artie but artie is so laid back he just watches floo and walks off, as if to say "Whatever" :D

funny thing is Kelly, Artie is twice floos size but he is so gentle, some boars just seem so gentle and others so naughty, Artie melts if you tickle under his chin his little legs just give way as he gets so into it lol

LOL.. aww thats so sweet..You'll have to get more piccies up!

Jin was the same, he was so gentle. Tonic is too, you have to find the right bit to stroke then he's putty in your hands!

Guinea's still learning! He's a little terror with his jumping!

My boys were terrible going through the teenage stage.

Beni was so aggressive towards Bokki it turned into a big fight and they had to be seperated.

They are both completely diferent piggies now, Bokki has really come out of his shell and Beni is so friendly.

Yeah all three live seperate, i did try Bokki and Munchkin together but it didn't work.

Other pigs seem to hate Bokki but he loves other pigs.

omg bumble and taz are like little kids

we bought the bigger house for them bumble got in first then taz went in and all hell broke loose last night

so resulted in two house being put in the cage.

each slept in separate houses last night.

i hope this will be the last of them fighting now that we have found a solution.

there is an awful lot of teeth chattering going on in that hutch at the moment..

bad boys!

boys are like that. There has to be two of everything or they will fight, then need to be separated.

Mine have two of everything but they still fight over one thing. I think they just like arguing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back