• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tees Valley Guinea Pig Rescue - First Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tees Valley Guinea Pig Rescue finally opened yesterday & our first residents arrived at 6.45pm. 2 pairs of lovely boars. They will be put up for adoption after Christmas so look out on the Rehome posts or contact me via our Facebook Group x

The Abi's are 18 month olds Aldous (left) & Arthur (right)

The short haired piggies are 4 year olds Albert (back) & Robbie (front)

Aww so cute. Is this your rescue?

Yes, just set up this week because of a lack of rescues in the Teesside area. I also help out at Bunny Burrows Small Animal Rescue in Richmond, North Yorks but they have no room at present & the piggy's owner tried another rescue in the North East which couldn't help so I stepped in. I've been planning to set up a rescue for a while but these piggies caused me to set it up a little earlier than planned. Only got room for 3 pairs so 2/3 at present but hoping to double space over next few months. Plus have had some offers of fostering x

Yes, just set up this week because of a lack of rescues in the Teesside area. I also help out at Bunny Burrows Small Animal Rescue in Richmond, North Yorks but they have no room at present & the piggy's owner tried another rescue in the North East which couldn't help so I stepped in. I've been planning to set up a rescue for a while but these piggies caused me to set it up a little earlier than planned. Only got room for 3 pairs so 2/3 at present but hoping to double space over next few months. Plus have had some offers of fostering x
That is fantastic news! I wish I was closer so I could help out. We really need a rescue in Central London too. I wish you all the best.

Good luck for your Teeside rescue - I am sure your will give the boys a great start to find new lives

Great looking boys. That's fantastic news. Well done. You should be really proud of yourself. It will make a huge difference to the lives of some poor piggies. Keep up the good work!

What cuties! Good luck with your rescue! I hope it all works out well!

I wish I had time and space for my own rescue! It must be so rewarding!

Calling piggy experts. Can you please help me describe these 4 piggies by breed & colour for when I do the re-homings post. I get mixed up with my gold's & yellow's & red's & ginger's etc x

That is fantastic news! I wish I was closer so I could help out. We really need a rescue in Central London too. I wish you all the best.
Same here I would help out too if I was closer, I'm not near a piggy rescue to offer any help.
All the best @Stewybus keep us posted on how you get on.....you know us on here we will help if we can :)

Good luck in your new rescue. I know you will do a fabulous job. :nod:

They're getting a lot more friendly & I'm going to cut their neil ths morning. Might try to get some more piccies x

Beautiful boys and good luck with the rescue, they make all the difference where these critters are concerned!

Just cut the boys nails (not neil as in earlier post). They all seem to be healthy, eyes, teeth, ears, hair & feet. The 2 older boys appear to be neutered. They seem to be the same as my 2 neutered boys. They came from the RSPCA York 2 years ago. The 2 younger boys are definitely not neutered and they came from P@H about 17 months ago when they were 6 to 8 weeks old. I'll ring my vets tomorrow & see if I can get an appointment to get them checked to be certain x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back