• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Teeth again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Tonni's to have his teeth trimmed again tomorrow as they are soo long! - Incisors -

They don't stop him eating though! ;) He had them trimmed 6 weeks ago and the vet said to come back every 6 weeks for them to be done again, although I think (by looking at them) it needs to be done sooner. It wasn't my usual vet last time, but will ask more tomorrow.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good luck.

Its mad how their teeth just grow like that - imagine if ours did?

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Oh gosh! :o He's fine when they cut them - they just open his mouth and trim them with mormal scissors!

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Wow he's a placid little guy, what a little darling to let the vet do that to him.
Perhaps he understood that it would make him better ;D
Good luck with his teeth, keep munching Uncle Ton :-*

D

DebbieR

Poor old Uncle Ton. George knows all about teeth and sends big manly piggy hugs to dear old Ton :-*

K

KatsCavies

I do the front teeth myself and they go off to a local rodentologist if they need anything doing to their back teeth. Vets insist on putting them under to do back teeth work which is always risky whereas the rodentologist does them without. She has this little strait jacket for them and a thing to keep their mouths open and lays them on a pillow underneath a light/magnifier. The pigs don't mind at all and there's no risk from anaesthetic. Obviously this is only for simple trimming/filing work and nothing surgery wise which would need anaesthetic.

Kat

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Awww. Tonni has a manicure there too, cos the annoying little fella kicks up so much fuss if I try!

Status
Not open for further replies.