• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Teeth Chattering Advice Please

Cara S

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting here! I have 3 boars (not the ideal I know but there was only 3 left and they were going to leave him on his own).
They’ve been home for a few months and are hitting the 4 month hormonal stage. Last night there was a lot of teeth chattering, chasing and all puffed up. There wasn’t any actual fighting so I left them to it but my question is, as it is unlikely they will stick together should I split them now before waiting for a fight? The pig that seemed the most stressed was the one not involved, he stayed well clear of the other two but was very puffy, chattering and frozen still. The piggy being chased is on his own more in the cage and is normally more withdrawn but I’m thinking he might be happier if I split him from the others and got him a young friend. Just want to make sure I’m doing the best for them 😊 I already have one of everything for each of them and hay in 3 different places.

Welcome to the forum

Yes you are better off to split before a fight happens (you don’t want injured piggies).

You need to work out which two get on best and keep those two together. The single piggy can then have a friend of his own. It would best, if at all possible, if you could take him to a rescue centre for boar dating - that way he can choose his own character compatible friend. Bonding boars as teenagers can be trickier so getting the help of a rescue centre to find a suitable friend with Whom he wants to be, will be valuable.

Welcome to the forum

Yes you are better off to split before a fight happens (you don’t want injured piggies).

You need to work out which two get on best and keep those two together. The single piggy can then have a friend of his own. It would best, if at all possible, if you could take him to a rescue centre for boar dating - that way he can choose his own character compatible friend. Bonding boars as teenagers can be trickier so getting the help of a rescue centre to find a suitable friend with Whom he wants to be, will be valuable.
That’s great, thanks for your help. That what my gut was telling me but just wanted to make sure I was making the right decision for them. Thanks again 😊

:agr: I also agree with the excellent advice you have had above. I have 7 boars and know from experience that unfortunately trios never work. Best of luck with boar dating and hoping you find your boy a lovely new friend 🙂

:agr: I also agree with the excellent advice you have had above. I have 7 boars and know from experience that unfortunately trios never work. Best of luck with boar dating and hoping you find your boy a lovely new friend 🙂
Thank you, I’ve contacted a local rescue who are going to help with some boar dating. Hopefully we find someone he likes 😊 🤞🏻

Back