• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Teeth problems causing bloat?

Chewy6

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have had my run around with chewy at the minute!
Has anyone had a problem with teeth problems causing bloat? If so how long does it take for bloat to decrease?
Thanks

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Have you seen the vet to get some prescription bloat medicines, such as emeprid/metaclopramide? Bloat really needs prompt vet treatment.
Possibly if your piggy is not eating enough hay due to dental issues they might eat too much veg that can contribute to bloat, are you also syringe feeding some high fibre recovery food if they are not able to freely eat enough hay?

Chewy6

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya.
I have been back and forth to vet.
She has had all meds and currently does not have any bloat and eating. She can tho ive found flare up now and then and I thought It could be perhaps teeth as she was eating slower than my other pig but has already had a dental last month.

The exotic Vet which i go to has said that she has a slight digestive problem which is causing the bloat and at the minute she is on pain killers, pro biotic, critcal care (only to add some weight on her, shes eating fine). She is MUCH better than she was a while ago, almost back to normal 😊

My query is, has anyone experienced this problem?
Thanks

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Some piggies are sensitive to certain veggies which will cause them to bloat. Have you looked into that also?
Is she eating enough hay?