• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Temperature Change Within The House

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
probably me being over the top as usual, but i want to give mollie and benjie floor time in the bedroom but it's quite a bit hotter up there than it is downstairs (stupid spiral staircase that takes the heat upstairs!) - also can't turn individual radiators and downstairs needs to be warm enough for bisc (rabbit)

so would they be ok do you think? :)

Agree with piggyfan. The temperature change shouldn'y be much within a house. I move my piggies from room to room (for playtime etc) now they are living indoors.

It's if you are bringing outdoor pigs into a heated house you have to be more careful.

think benjie will love it. he has so much energy and needs so much more attention and stimulation than any of my others ever have, so i really think he will love the change of scenery. :luv:

Reactions: A&T
I find it hard keeping our lounge, with indoor piggies living in, an even temperature in this weather. The stairs go straight out of the lounge, all the heat going with them. Got thermometers everywhere! Gas fire on during day if goes below 16 degrees C. Central heating left on all night with thermostat set at 15 or 16 degrees C. I know they can snuggle up together, but still worry about them. They seem nice and warm if I pick them up during the day.

I find it hard keeping our lounge, with indoor piggies living in, an even temperature in this weather. The stairs go straight out of the lounge, all the heat going with them. Got thermometers everywhere! Gas fire on during day if goes below 16 degrees C. Central heating left on all night with thermostat set at 15 or 16 degrees C. I know they can snuggle up together, but still worry about them. They seem nice and warm if I pick them up during the day.

ours is left on 20 at the moment. that just about keeps downstairs comfortable, but makes upstairs boiling :roll:

Thermostistic radiators valve. You can control the temperature of the rooms upstairs then. If you know anyone who is handy at DIY you buy them yourself and get them to fit the valves for you. They are only about £10 each to buy it less. Screwfix used to sell them for £7

http://m.screwfix.com/p/15mm-angled-trv-with-lockshield-white-chrome/31811?kpid=31811&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&kpid=31811&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Plumbing-_-Shopping%20-%20Plumbing&gclid=CN24xMCxkcMCFUr4wgod8a4A-A

i keep the heating on around 20-22 when it's very cold. the rest of the time i keep it on at least 16, except in summer when it isn't needed on at all. our house is hard to keep warm enough downstairs any lower than 20 really, especially this time of year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back