• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Temporary Housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanN

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am so excited! I am picking up my guinea pig tomorrow. i have one little issue. This is the only time that the foster mom had time to meet me. I am not going to be home for the weekend. I am going to be at a friend's house. I have already set up a big c&c cage here at home and everything, but I really dont want to leave him alone for the weekend with my parents. Especially since he is just moving in. I was wondering if I could get some advice on this matter.

I could buy a 'temporary' cage and set that up for him for the weekend and then transport him again to his new cage at home. But I don't know if this will be too stressful- traveling so much in just a couple of days.

What do you guys think?

Sorry, this got missed...

How did it go? Be lovely to see some photo's of your new piggy

That's ok! I actually worked something out that I am going to keep him with me at my friends house for this week then I am taking him to my house for the rest of the summer until I move into my appartnment! He's so sweet. He's still nervous and hiding. But I am giving him space and time (as hard as it is). I'm still learning what he likes to eat. His foster mom sais he is very picky.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Made your photos bigger for you. All the more to :drool: over :))

Gosh, he is cute! :love: I adore fuzzy piggies. Have you named him yet?

Aw thank you, I am on my phone at work now, which is probably why the pictures were so tiny! I love him! His name is Rodeo! I can't wait until he gets used to his cage because apparently he loves humans. He doesn't like other guinea pigs apparently, which is why he is not housed with a friend right now :(

Rodeo - cool name and very original. Hope to see lots more of this little beauty,

Yeah, some piggies are ASBO (UK term for Anti-Social Behavior) Piggies, we are lucky that we have so many rescues in the UK that do piggy dating so you can take them along to see, but I know the US is not like that as much. He sounds like he has a good piggy slave to look after him and a lovely cage.

:D Wow, he IS a handsome fella! :wub::wub: I think you in the US call them Teddies, don't you?

Lovely piggy! Love the teddy breed!...:love: (me want one! ...or two! i'm sure there's room at the Inn! :drool: )

He is a teddy in the US, what do you call him in the UK? Thank you!

He is still very nervous. I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me: he has been here for about 3 days and is still very nervous and stays in his hut and under the hay. He has come out to explore more and more, but maybe I'm just hoping for stuff to happen too soon. I have been hand feeding him his veggies and talking to him. Yesterday I had to move him out of the cage to rearrange it. Maybe he is traumatized from that. But in terms of waiting, how long until I should pick him up? I have really heard a wide range of answers. I don't think he is ready just yet. When I hand feed him, sometimes I will stoke in between his eyes, and he allows that for a couple of seconds and then notices that I am touching him and scurries away back into his little hiding spot.
I understand know this is normal. But he is supposedly very lovey with humans (so the foster mom says). I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. He is a very picky eater and so far the only thing he has eaten has been green leaf lettuce, hay, and pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back