• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyMunky

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, I've got fidget up here for the night because I'm going to try to bond her with a boar tomorrow from a rescue in alyth. I currently have fidget & Squeek out on the sofa on a fleece. They are trying to go over to each other but I'm terrified they will fight like they did last time (2 years ago) but there doesn't seem to be any chattering. Fidget is curled up on the fleece that Squeek is wrapped in. What should I do? image.jpg

If you are concerned they will fight why not separate them? Maybe I have misunderstood your post?

I don't understand the post :(
Do they normally live together? Or are they separated and that's why you're getting a boar?

They are separated now.
Just wondering if it would be safe to try & re bond them.

I wanted fidget to be able to chat to another piggy. Haven't heard her talk in a few days because she has been on her own.

They are separated now.
Just wondering if it would be safe to try & re bond them.

I wanted fidget to be able to chat to another piggy. Haven't heard her talk in a few days because she has been on her own.
Just read from your other three that you lost Fidgets cage mate :( sorry to hear that. Are you planning on putting the rescue boar in with Fidget?

There is a thread on the forum about re-introducing piggies so might be worth a read if you are considering trying to bond them again

That's actually a good idea piggy fan but I don't have the pennies to board all 3 of them for a week at the moment.
Fidget is more animated now & has a leap in her step. She seemed happy to have someone to talk to! Squeeks back in bed, as soon as I done that Fidget started wheeking!
I tried bonding them when pop was here but Fidget was snorting & gunning for Squeek & Squeek is an OAP (7 in December!) I'm worried that Fidget may seriously injure her.
Thank you for being so understanding everyone :)

I understand. Maybe they will like each other now that they are alone and you will not need to visit the rescue!

That's actually a good idea piggy fan but I don't have the pennies to board all 3 of them for a week at the moment.
Fidget is more animated now & has a leap in her step. She seemed happy to have someone to talk to! Squeeks back in bed, as soon as I done that Fidget started wheeking!
I tried bonding them when pop was here but Fidget was snorting & gunning for Squeek & Squeek is an OAP (7 in December!) I'm worried that Fidget may seriously injure her.
Thank you for being so understanding everyone :)

I take it it's Hutches Rescue you are going to? I adopted a sow from Joanne a couple months back to bond with my bereaved sow. She did a great job and is very helpful. I'm sure she could give you some advice :)

Do you think I should try a bit more tomorrow? I'm just scared they will end up in a ball of fur fighting with each other. I only have previous experience with what happened the last time.
Yes Aimzer it's Joanne I'm going to visit, she has a little boat called chestnut reserved for me :)
If they did bond it would solve all my worries. I know what to look out for but it would be so much easier if I could hear sounds online to know what's going on.

I think you need to decide whether you want to re-introduce your 2 or go ahead with adopting Chestnut for Fidget. Do you have room for 2 cages side by side so at least Squeak would see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back