• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Test and trace App

Echo Echo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Are people downloading the Test and Trace App?
Or not downloading it?

I’m stuck on whether I should. I got a message saying I should. And my sister was telling me I should. My issue is the Bluetooth sharing...

I did. I've used it a couple of times now. The problem why it wouldn't work though is because most don't use the app and scan the QR codes in the establishments/restaurants. We went to Nando's earlier, and the whole time we were eating there, only one other person (apart from me) scanned the code. We were seated by the door so we can see who enters. Nando's also have their own tracking/tracing app/website. When we went to McDonald's to get a take away meal the other day, one of the staff manning the door told me I'm not required to scan the code since I'm only having a take away. Well I still would have to wait for 10 to 15 mins or so for my order inside. So I just scan the code.

This is the reason why it will always fail. No one is willing to use it all the time as they're supposed to do to get the data. Even if the app is the best there is, when people are not using it, it will end up a failure.

I use it for the baby classes I go to and also when going to cafes

There is so much conspiracy theory and scaremongering around the app. A friend shared this post on Facebook which is very well written to debunk some of the myths:
Screenshot_20200930-231246.jpgScreenshot_20200930-231303.jpg
Screenshot_20200930-231319__01.jpg

I am currently in the UK for 4-5 days every 3 - 4 weeks (confusing isn't it).
Due to quarantine restrictions I literally travel from the airport to my quarantine address (a family members home).

I have the app.
I think we all need to step up and take responsibility to try and get things back to normal (new normal).
For me the sooner I can cut back on the endless quarantine time the better - ok so I did stop at Greggs to buy a yum yum after I left the airport.
It isn't something I am proud of, but thankfully my life is pretty dull so I am not overly worried about the tracking aspect.
We just need to get this done and if I can help then I will.
It isn't about me.
And that Yum yum was awesome :drool:

I’ve not been anywhere that would require me to scan the QR codes...sheltered life 🤣 I’ll think about it this weekend.

No not me. It will pick up every time I drop my husband off at work on the university campus, but it won't register that the car is between me and any infected students out there.
(*Sigh...* our car situation is still unresolved. I miss having 2 cars!)

I've downloaded it I just have the Bluetooth off as it drains battery and I don't really leave the house, I'll turn it on if I go into a shop or something but I'm overly cautious and don't eat out xx

I went to Taco Bell and she had me download the app. My iPhone didn’t like it and it literally wouldn’t load the app so she had me write down details on paper. I don’t eat out often this was a “just had my top braces in and feel like poop so I deserve food” time :)

I am currently in the UK for 4-5 days every 3 - 4 weeks (confusing isn't it).
Due to quarantine restrictions I literally travel from the airport to my quarantine address (a family members home).

I have the app.
I think we all need to step up and take responsibility to try and get things back to normal (new normal).
For me the sooner I can cut back on the endless quarantine time the better - ok so I did stop at Greggs to buy a yum yum after I left the airport.
It isn't something I am proud of, but thankfully my life is pretty dull so I am not overly worried about the tracking aspect.
We just need to get this done and if I can help then I will.
It isn't about me.
And that Yum yum was awesome :drool:
God I miss yum yums.... cant eat now as I am gluten free...

I received a text asking me to download it...not done it yet... I was asked at a cafe if I had it before I entered even tho I was just buying an item to go.. they just took my phone number inside instead... i am still undecided...

I've downloaded it, albeit reluctantly, but only because I'm generally wary of apps and what data they may be sharing/mining that I didn't think it could be used for. What reassured me was the data policy:

Screenshot_20201001-182452.png

I've had no problems with it at all. It takes a second to scan the code and that's it. Nothing else required!

No not me. It will pick up every time I drop my husband off at work on the university campus, but it won't register that the car is between me and any infected students out there.
(*Sigh...* our car situation is still unresolved. I miss having 2 cars!)

It doesn't track you unless you scan a QR code so no actually it won't pick up everytime you drop your husband off

The QR code is easy to scan. It‘s so much easier than filling a form in every time you visit a restaurant or pub, very handy when you are on holiday. Since we downloaded the app, today it told us we had been near 130 possible contacts I.e. other people who have the app. I assume a possible contact is walking past someone as we have only spent more than 15 minutes with Yvonne and Allan in the last week

Back