• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

That can't be right, can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkinnyLover

I ran out of piggy food mix (naughty me) so went to a local pet shop for some. Got it home, its got frosted shredded wheat in it? Is it right? Is it safe? Or should I pick it out? :o

Sounds a bit bizarre! I wouldn't know, I mean, wheat can't be bad for them but I can't see the sugar being great.......I could be utterly wrong though!

I'd probably pick those bits out and then get their usual brand as soon as.

Its only to bridge til tomorrow but I thought it a bit strange. The normal food I get has molasses on it

they can do fine without dry food for quite some time... if you are unsure about the new stuff, I wouldnt give it to them until you get the time to buy their usual food.

Dry food isnt that good anyway, as it gets soft in their mouth so quickly and therefor doesnt help at all to grind their teeth down.
Nice fresh hay for that, a bit of fresh fruit, and theyll be fine.

If that piggy food looks as if it got breakfast cereal in, I def. wouldnt feed it to them. Is it properly frosted stuff, like, you can actually see white stuff on it like kellogs frosties or something? weird... what brand is it?

Yes its like the kellogs stuff, its like supa pig food but in a clear plastic bag.

I think like Abnoba said then, fruit, veg and hay for tonight - wouldn't risk giving that stuff to them....

Dry food was only introduced in the 1970's to make life easier for the owners. They can do without it :)

Its sounds odd.I would have taken it back or contacted the suppliers or even the people who make it.It sounds very wrong!

Did it have the ingredients on the side? It seems like a really weird thing to add, maybe it could have been something different that looked like frosted shredded wheat?

Actually, thinking about it, not much does look the same. :-\

I knew a breeder who never gave his pigs dried food he grew and sprouted his own wheat things, dont ask me what but he kept it while it sprouted and then fed them he also never gave them water until summer because all the water from the sprouting wheat was enough and I have to admit his pigs black selfs and golden red eye selfs were stunning, so dried food is'nt necessary but i'd feel i was starving my babes if i did'nt give them it,

I've seen that food before too SkinnyLover .... I wouldn't use it. If you run out, guineas are ok overnight with just hay and veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back