• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Bereaved Boars Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
We have had a few very sad losses here at TEAS over the past few months. Bill lost his brother, Ted, Monty lost his best friend, Ben and then just this week Percy lost his friend, Ozzy. After the death of Ted it was decided to take Toby out from living with three lethal gene boars and bond him with Bill. This worked well, and then when elderly resident, Ben, passed away, Monty joined Bill and Toby. This week, after finding Ozzy in a collapsed state and rushing him to the vets, where he was helped over the Rainbow Bridge, the next concern was what to do with Percy, who had been so bonded to Ozzy. I arrived home with a very sad looking little guy and needed to find him a friend very quickly. Although it could have been seen as a crazy idea, I decided to just pop him in with Ted, Toby and Monty, and they welcomed him immediately. The boys have now been together since Tuesday evening and you would think they had always been together. On Wednesday they enjoyed some time out in the sunshine, having fun in the run.

What a lovely story. These boys must know they need eachother x

Oh how adorable. I am always amazed by your boars managing to live in trios and more.

What a special group! :wub:

Great that your "widowers" can give each other the comfort and company that they all depend on so much or are used to giving to a struggling mate - and that is most likely the key why it works so well for your boys.

You've done a great job there Debbie. It's very rare get get more than 3 boars bonded unless they are living in a very large area. I know of groups of 10 or more boars but these are in large aviaries measuring something like 10m x 3m. Hope they continue to be good with each other x

So touching to see how they comfort each other, they are special and much loved piggies x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back