• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Boys Gave Me Such A Fright This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbiS

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
MrS was already in the kitchen when I came downstairs this morning. Toby & Barney would normally be pulling on the run bars to be let out but there was no sign of them. I chattered away to them while I opened the curtains and eventually Toby wandered out of the bedroom but Barney was nowhere to be seen. I was starting to get a little bit concerned by this point so I opened the bedroom door. I couldn't see Barney but they have a pigloo in there as well. They had turned it round so I couldn't see inside it. I knew Barney must be in the pigloo but there wasn't a single sound coming from it - no rustling in the hay or anything. I shuffled the pigloo a little bit and.... nothing! So by now I was feeling really panicked and just a little bit sick. I ended up having to stand on the other side of the room and get MrS to lift the pigloo and I really thought something bad had happened. So he lifted the pigloo and out scooted a fast moving Barney! He must have been having a lie in!

And there was me thinking that I was one of life's 'copers'! I deal with life emergencies on a regular basis at work without batting an eyelid but it turns out that where my little furry friends are concerned I have an absolute terror of something bad happening. So thank goodness they were both ok but I am dreading the day when they aren't...

Oh I know that feeling, it's absolutely awful! *hug* Glad everything turned out ok, cheeky little piggy!

Aww, poor you! That must have been a horrible moment - naughty Barney!

I had something similar recently - all I could see of Pixel was her bum sticking out from underneath a pile of hay and she wasn't moving; I even went out of the room and came back a couple of minutes later and she hadn't moved. I gave her a poke - still nothing. Then finally she sprang to life and wriggled out backwards looking at me like "Do you mind, hoomin? I was having a snooze!"

Aww, poor you! That must have been a horrible moment - naughty Barney!

I had something similar recently - all I could see of Pixel was her bum sticking out from underneath a pile of hay and she wasn't moving; I even went out of the room and came back a couple of minutes later and she hadn't moved. I gave her a poke - still nothing. Then finally she sprang to life and wriggled out backwards looking at me like "Do you mind, hoomin? I was having a snooze!"

It's just horrible to think that one day it will happen for real :eek:

Aww, you poor thing. I am the same and totally understand why you panicked. Have a hug. Xx

How scary. I hate when something like this happens. You can just feel your heart sink.

Matthew has a horrible habbit of sleeping extremely deeply. It looks like he's dead and I get so scared. I put the veg in and hope his sense of smell will wake him and when that doesn't I freak out even more. Luckily once he hears Romano's munching or I try and poke him a few times or pull the pigloo off him he wakes up but he's such a heavy sleeper he's frightened me so often.

I know the feeling, Lola once went under a draw in the pig room, and I thought that was exposed to under the whole bed(luckily it wasn't)
I nearly had a heart attack, and was crying with joy when the little devil crawled out for a bit of coriander.

Hugs!

I know this feeling all too well! Poor you! He should of let you know it was lay in day!
Hugs for your shock this morning!
X

Awww, that's awful! Naughty little pig.

Feeewww glad he's ok (wipe the forehead). I can imagine how panicked you must of been....did you want a word with him for fighting his mum. He must of been really tired not of heard you.

Feeewww glad he's ok (wipe the forehead). I can imagine how panicked you must of been....did you want a word with him for fighting his mum. He must of been really tired not of heard you.

I have never known them not to be out and running around for breakfast - they have been told that if they are not visible first thing then they wont be getting any breakfast at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back