• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The dead had more rest last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
However, I think I personally, got about an hour and a half.

It's the Guineapigs, they just Don't. Stop. Squeaking.

All night long, aren't they supposed to sleep?

I know we're not.... my other half has nearly had enough, he's not a morning person when he's *had* some sleep.

Please, sombody tell me what to do or why they're doing this or just...SOMETHING!

Love to 'yall.

x

Are they in the same room as you? If they are then I'd move them. Or if they're not, is there any other room you can move them to further away?

Maybe if you gave them a big meal an hour before bed or something, then they might go to sleep after . . . or give them a run around a while before to tire them out?

Guinea pigs do sleep at night but sadly its more powernaps! They don't need as much sleep as us, they snooze whenever they feel like it! Although my pigs are in my room and depending how they feel, is the decider of how noisy they will be! Generally speaking they aren't actually slightly but thankfully I'm a deep sleeper!

Have you thought about earplugs?

Situation is a little odd at the moment and I'm having to stay with my parents for a little while, there are only two bedrooms a living room a bathroom and a conservitory. We have a cat and a terrier. And my father has a phobia of rodents. So this is fun :)

Moving them to another room is just, it's just not plausible at the moment, But giving them some extra running around time and a big meal after that might....make them sleep or it might give them heart attacks who knows! :)

I hope it just makes them sleep

xx

tell your dad they're not rodents and that might work! rolleyes

"oh are they not? oh well thats fine then, put them in my room!"

to tire my girls out, i stalk them, crawling across the floor really slowly, they get all jumpy and squeaky and run away like mad, then i talk and they realise its me and run towards me like "oh mummy there was this really big cat that was going to eat us up, thankgod you're here!" ill have the RSPCA round at this rate! x

Lol, Jessica I think they're afraid of me enough as it is. I've only had them for a few months. The babies are three weeks old, i think stalking them along teh floor would give them a heart attack. however, putting htem in the bath to have a run around with their toys and feeding them before we go to bed could be a good idea, even teh sound of them munching is better than them squeaking and stuff.

x

My piggies stay in my room, luckily they aren't noisy at night, but then I let them run around all day so that probably helps. I would think that giving yours a good run in the bath before bed is a good idea. Hope you get some sleep soon ;)

Sounds like you are just going to have to invest in some earplugs!:))

My daughter's hamster makes a heck of a noise too (I know he is supposed to be awake at night!), he wakes me up and I have daughter no. 1's bedroom between me and him, so I really sympathise! Hope you manage to get some sleep soon.:)

Mine are in my bedroom and are ok at night, so long as I give them veg and a giant pile of hay when I go to bed. Oh and nobody makes a rustling sound like a carrier bag in the night! If that happens then it all kicks off :))

Hope you get some sleep soon!

my skinny pigs come a wake at night too wheek wheek wwwhhhhheeeeekkkkkkkrolleyes:))

but they are in my livingroom so trying to hear the telly some nights well we end up turning the telly off lol

Much as everyone jokes about earplugs; Seriously, they could be a good option is there is nowhere else to put the piggies. ;)

Thankyou for the advice but I can't ignore the fact that it might mean they're unhappy. I mind about my sleep a littel but my guinea's happiness means more to me.

x

if they have piggy company, been fed (although maybe not as much as they would like :))) have hay and water they are not in need of anything that can't wait until morning... I think sleep is a human right :)

I shared a bedroom with my piggies at christmas and it nearly drove me mad, especially when two girls went into season simultaneously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back