• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The guinea-pigs are in the shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In July I suggested to my Mum that we pull the carpet up in the guinea-pig shed and section bits off for different guinea-pigs and let them have the shed floor instead of a hutch. She told me it was ridiculous and there was no way she'd let me do that. 4 months later she came running upstairs and told me about this great idea she'd just had for the guinea-pigs, which was to pull the carpet up and let them have the shed floor :)) So, when I suggest it it's ridiculous but when Mum suggests it it's a great idea? :)) Anyway we moved them in today, and they seem to like it. It's only for the winter at the moment but depending on the weather they might go back outside at April next year.

guineapigs008.jpg

At the moment they can go out of their hutches onto the shed floor all day every day but because they can't all go out at once they have to alternate days and share the extra space. At night I shut them back in their hutches. Do you think I could leave the hutches open all night as well?

Mine free range in the shed and can come and go into their two storey hutch as and when they want to.

:)) That looks brilliant, I keep my boys hutch open to the shed floor space, however I've put cheap self adhiesive tiles down instead of using woodshavings, its easier to clean :) And I leave one of the hutch doors open on the evening, and i've cut a small entrance hole in my fleece which i cover the hutch with at night so they can still go out for a mooch if they want to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back