• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Handsome Boar Thread

My RIP Tribe boars:

Llewelyn 'Lugh&Belenus' (the Celtic gods of Light and Fire) (b. 2006, adopted from defunct Hopper Haven rescue Oct 2007, RIP Jan 2011)
Llewi was rescued in bad state and with half an ear missing from a pen he shared with chickens, rabbits and other guinea pigs at a wildlife place in Midwales. He kept his rescue name; hence the Welsh name theme with my Tribe piggies!
After the death of his beloved older lady Dizzy he became my very competent Tribe founding patriarch (2009-2011)
View attachment 125695

Hywel 'Eminent' (b. 2009, adopted Feb 2011 from defunct Cheylesmore GPR, RIP Sept 2016)
He was Llewelyn's charismatic successor (2011-2014) and leader of the long-haired half of the Tribe after the split (2014-16);
Hywel was a very dominant boar who was surrendered to rescue because he bullied every boy he was introduced to but was clearly unhappy in a hutch all of his own. Ruling a harem of up to 13 wives for the following 5 1/2 years was decidedly more to his liking!
View attachment 125690

Terfel 'Oak Prince' (b. 2010, adopted fom defunct RNPG Welfare Rugby July 2011, RIP May 2015)
The gentle, quiet and unassuming master diplomat who kept this formidable cataract wives under control without them noticing (2011-15) - although they were the ones who faced off any danger with him hiding behind them!
Terfel was rescued in bad state from a shed full of neglected, fighting boars.
View attachment 125693

Bryn Oscar (The Name Deaf) (b. 2007, adopted Aug 2012 from BARC, RIP Sept 2013)
The poor old widowed and then stuck in rescue 'gent' turned out to be a first rate pirate who cut a swathe through the retired Tribe ladies.
He even looked like a pirate with one eye having a pale lid and the other one a dark one in the style of Captain Jack Sparrow, which gave him a very unique look. Old age was puffing rather badly by the time it finally caught up with him!
View attachment 125707

Maelog 'Battle Prince', previous name Mallow (b. 2010, fostered Feb-July and then adopted from TEAS Sept 2013, RIP Feb 2017)
A fallen-out companion to a dental TEAS resident, who was allowed to think he was the leader of the ginger half of the Tribe after the split and after the death of wife Rhosyn/Rosa, another TEAS resident (2014-17). The distinguished George Clooney among my husboars.
View attachment 125686

Bedo 'Little Splendid Lord' (b. 2012, adopted Feb 2014 from The Potteries, RIP July 2018)
The perfect family man and nursery nurse for my temporary TEAS fosters and my adopted Triplets (2014-18).
He and his fallen-out companion were found in a cardboard box on Cannock Chase open park land on a cold October morning. His great looks were a real surprise when I turned up with the three top sows in tow for rescue dating; he was as beautiful inside as outside.
When a bonding of a TEAS foster sow pair into the group failed shortly afterwards, Bedo fell hard for one of the new sows (a ginger aby) and was given the choice wich sows he wanted to live with. Newly bereaved Maelog then took over the abandoned group from him while Bedo faced the challenge of looking after the lively TEAS baby triplets and making his patchwork family work.
View attachment 125702

Carwyn 'Blessed Love' (b. 2012, adopted May 2015 from North East Guinea Pig Rescue, RIP Oct 2018)
My very vocal Marshmallow Lord of his Liquorice Allsorts wives (2015-18) after spending 3 miserable years in a one foot square neglect breeder box. The disfigured lip is a legacy from that time.
Carwyn had to learn how to run from his adored wifelet Heini who he was paired up with after being a caring companion to ca. 8 years old lady Ffraid in her last weeks. He has definitely made up in the second half of his life on what he has missed out during the first half, and then some!
View attachment 125689

Nosgan 'Nightsong' (b. 2014, adopted Sept 2016 privately with permission of the RSPCA Walsall, RIP May 2019)
He was an emergency RSPCA intake at a time the rescue was full to bursting, so little is known about his background. Nosgan came here when he failed to bond with either of the sow groups of his previous owner after the death of his boarmate.
The skittish and grumpy neutered boar (previous name Victor 'I can't believe it' Meldrew) turned out to prefer a boarmate to any sow! Shy lurker Nosgan found lasting happiness with his little sidekick, cheeky chappy Nye.
Since Nosgan wasn't into ladies, the pair was able to peacefully live first next door to spayed Nesta and then mother and daughter pair Hyfryd and Hirael.
View attachment 125691
Bedo looked like a big old boar 😍

Bedo looked like a big old boar 😍

He was very much average sized and died last summer at 5 years of age out of the blue from a massive stroke or heart attack during the night.
If you want a big boar, then Pioden is your guy - he really stretches all the way from your hand to your elbow without pushing it and is at 1400g rather slim and not at all overweight.

Loving the pictures of all the handsome boars! Want to cuddle them all :luv: (maybe not at the same time as it might smell a bit)

Here is Murphy doing his best pout (seriously I can't get over his lips)
View attachment 125973

And Gizmo dressed in his finest evening wear
View attachment 125974
I didn’t know whether to laugh or love at this.
An awesome pout there boy!

He was very much average sized and died at 5 years out of the blue from a massive stroke or heart attack during the night.
If you want a big boar, then Pioden is your guy - he really stretches all the way from your hand to your elbow and is at 1400g not at all overweight.
Sorry I didn't want to like all of that post, what causes these strokes to come suddenly in guinea pigs? Genetics? Must have been horrible

these are my new foster boars Milo and Alfie! they are the sweetest little (big) boys! Picked them up yesterday at the West LA Animal Shelter.

Attachments

• 55F3171F-9C85-4A0F-87F0-59730BB5EBEB.jpeg
    55F3171F-9C85-4A0F-87F0-59730BB5EBEB.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 463C16E8-8C0C-4BBD-8410-163DABBD3988.jpeg
    463C16E8-8C0C-4BBD-8410-163DABBD3988.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1985B9EF-F438-4513-B7DF-8079AD2E4101.jpeg
    1985B9EF-F438-4513-B7DF-8079AD2E4101.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 8B10BBC5-246B-42D6-AA30-7C1CEC873285.jpeg
    8B10BBC5-246B-42D6-AA30-7C1CEC873285.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1
My RIP Tribe boars:

Llewelyn 'Lugh&Belenus' (the Celtic gods of Light and Fire) (b. 2006, adopted from defunct Hopper Haven rescue Oct 2007, RIP Jan 2011)
Llewi was rescued in bad state and with half an ear missing from a pen he shared with chickens, rabbits and other guinea pigs at a wildlife place in Midwales. He kept his rescue name; hence the Welsh name theme with my Tribe piggies!
After the death of his beloved older lady Dizzy he became my very competent Tribe founding patriarch (2009-2011)
View attachment 125695

Hywel 'Eminent' (b. 2009, adopted Feb 2011 from defunct Cheylesmore GPR, RIP Sept 2016)
He was Llewelyn's charismatic successor (2011-2014) and leader of the long-haired half of the Tribe after the split (2014-16);
Hywel was a very dominant boar who was surrendered to rescue because he bullied every boy he was introduced to but was clearly unhappy in a hutch all of his own. Ruling a harem of up to 13 wives for the following 5 1/2 years was decidedly more to his liking!
View attachment 125690

Terfel 'Oak Prince' (b. 2010, adopted fom defunct RNPG Welfare Rugby July 2011, RIP May 2015)
The gentle, quiet and unassuming master diplomat who kept this formidable cataract wives under control without them noticing (2011-15) - although they were the ones who faced off any danger with him hiding behind them!
Terfel was rescued in bad state from a shed full of neglected, fighting boars.
View attachment 125693

Bryn Oscar (The Name Deaf) (b. 2007, adopted Aug 2012 from BARC, RIP Sept 2013)
The poor old widowed and then stuck in rescue 'gent' turned out to be a first rate pirate who cut a swathe through the retired Tribe ladies.
He even looked like a pirate with one eye having a pale lid and the other one a dark one in the style of Captain Jack Sparrow, which gave him a very unique look. Old age was puffing rather badly by the time it finally caught up with him!
View attachment 125707

Maelog 'Battle Prince', previous name Mallow (b. 2010, fostered Feb-July and then adopted from TEAS Sept 2013, RIP Feb 2017)
A fallen-out companion to a dental TEAS resident, who was allowed to think he was the leader of the ginger half of the Tribe after the split and after the death of wife Rhosyn/Rosa, another TEAS resident (2014-17). The distinguished George Clooney among my husboars.
View attachment 125686

Bedo 'Little Splendid Lord' (b. 2012, adopted Feb 2014 from The Potteries, RIP July 2018)
The perfect family man and nursery nurse for my temporary TEAS fosters and my adopted Triplets (2014-18).
He and his fallen-out companion were found in a cardboard box on Cannock Chase open park land on a cold October morning. His great looks were a real surprise when I turned up with the three top sows in tow for rescue dating; he was as beautiful inside as outside.
When a bonding of a TEAS foster sow pair into the group failed shortly afterwards, Bedo fell hard for one of the new sows (a ginger aby) and was given the choice wich sows he wanted to live with. Newly bereaved Maelog then took over the abandoned group from him while Bedo faced the challenge of looking after the lively TEAS baby triplets and making his patchwork family work.
View attachment 125702

Carwyn 'Blessed Love' (b. 2012, adopted May 2015 from North East Guinea Pig Rescue, RIP Oct 2018)
My very vocal Marshmallow Lord of his Liquorice Allsorts wives (2015-18) after spending 3 miserable years in a one foot square neglect breeder box. The disfigured lip is a legacy from that time.
Carwyn had to learn how to run from his adored wifelet Heini who he was paired up with after being a caring companion to ca. 8 years old lady Ffraid in her last weeks. He has definitely made up in the second half of his life on what he has missed out during the first half, and then some!
View attachment 125689

Nosgan 'Nightsong' (b. 2014, adopted Sept 2016 privately with permission of the RSPCA Walsall, RIP May 2019)
He was an emergency RSPCA intake at a time the rescue was full to bursting, so little is known about his background. Nosgan came here when he failed to bond with either of the sow groups of his previous owner after the death of his boarmate.
The skittish and grumpy neutered boar (previous name Victor 'I can't believe it' Meldrew) turned out to prefer a boarmate to any sow! Shy lurker Nosgan found lasting happiness with his little sidekick, cheeky chappy Nye.
Since Nosgan wasn't into ladies, the pair was able to peacefully live first next door to spayed Nesta and then mother and daughter pair Hyfryd and Hirael.
View attachment 125691
I have never seen more beautiful gentlemen before❤ I hope they are really Happy and bonding in the piggy heaven❤😇

I have never seen more beautiful gentlemen before❤ I hope they are really Happy and bonding in the piggy heaven❤😇

They have all had wives of theirs to join... In fact, Terfel followed the last of his cataract wives to the Rainbow Bridge even though I'd found him a new one he seemed to get on well some months earlier. :(

All my Tribe piggies are either rescue adoptees or the occasional private intake where the vouched for owner wants to stay in contact but doesn't want to continue with or is allowed a new companion for a single bereaved guinea pig or the odd pet shop pregnancy baby where an owner cannot keep all their unplanned babies.
The youngest have been born here (unplanned pregnancies) while my oldest adoptee was 7 years old and lived to celebrate their 9th birthday.

They have all had wives to join... ;)

All my Tribe piggies are either rescue adoptees or the occasional private intake where the vouched for owner wants to stay in contact but doesn't want to continue with or is allowed a new companion for a single bereaved guinea pig or the odd pet shop pregnancy baby where an owner cannot keep all their unplanned babies.
The youngest have been born here while my oldest adoptee was 7 years old and lived to celebrate their 9th birthday.
At current how many piggies do u have?

At current how many piggies do u have?

Currently I have 26 plus one boar (Alan) on his post neutering operation wait who I hope that he will bond with one of my tricky sows or sow pairs. If not, he will return to the rescue to be available for dating with owner sows as I am maxed out on cage space.

You can find out more about my piggies if you click on the green Wiebke's Tribe facebook link in my signature.
I am also rescue coordinator and article contributor for Guinea Pig Magazine, which is available as a download option worldwide.

God bless u❤ u try to help every guinea pig around the world I have never seen more dedication in these little mingles before😊

Hi from the UK
Are you anywhere near saskia from the los Angeles Guinea pig rescue centre?
She is awesome I love watching her YouTube videos😊
yes we go there almost every weekend! she’s such an amazing person and the volunteers are so sweet and kind. if you ever in la on a trip you should visit. it would be worth it

Back