The inevitable 'confirm the sex' thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK, we knew it would come...please can I have a second opinion on Tulip's sex?!

I am 99% sure she is a girl as this is definitely Y shaped, but as she is 3 weeks on Friday and already pretty big, and I do NOT want anymore accidents, I feel the need for verification! I can see a tiny dot at the bottom of the Y but on my boys their willy isn't in the same position as the dot :{

She hasn't shown any boarish behaviour i.e. no humping mum or grumbling or anything, but never having had such a young baby before I am not sure if she would or not!

Here are her 'lady' bits

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

Reaction score
Girl! i was the same when i got rosie and pixe! had to use pictures from a book to compare lol

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
YAY! I hope other viewers all agree...

How old does she need to be before her and mum move in with JoJo? (neutered boar, well over his six weeks now what with the surprise baby!)

Tracyxx

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Definately a girl :) I would say she needs to be at least six weeks before she and mum move in with the boar. I always try and keep girls with their mums as long as possible (alone), I've found it helps to calm them and they grow up generally being a calmer pig. Neutered boars can be quite scary to young sows.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Definately a girl :) I would say she needs to be at least six weeks before leaving her mum. I always try and keep girls with their mums as long as possible, I've found it helps to calm them and they grow up generally being a calmer pig. Neutered boars can be quite scary to young sows.

Thanks Tracy. She will be staying with mum, her and Honey and JoJo are hopefully all going to live together happily - he will be taking on a child that isn't his, they are my Jeremy Kyle piggies rolleyes

I will give it another couple of weeks until she is a bit bigger then, gives me more time to finish hutch building too!

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yes a girl:))

Well I had to sex three of my GP's babies and they were two girls and a boy and I could tell a difference between the the two even at a few days old and so far all is well no sign of more babies:))!

Reaction score
Thanks Tracy. She will be staying with mum, her and Honey and JoJo are hopefully all going to live together happily - he will be taking on a child that isn't his, they are my Jeremy Kyle piggies rolleyes

I will give it another couple of weeks until she is a bit bigger then, gives me more time to finish hutch building too!

hahahaha should of put summit on the end of it!

Reaction score
MUST be a girl. I got both my boars as babies, and double and triple checked them before I took them home, and their bits looked NOTHING like that.

Reaction score
Hope you're not going to get these baby pix out when she brings home her first boar-friend! :))

Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thats a little girl you have there, i would also wait until she is atleast 6 weeks and a bit bigger before introducing the boar, he is going to think all of his birthdays and christmas's have come at once when he susses out she is a girl! She needs to be big enough to put him in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.