• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The King is dead - long live the King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_6486_edited-1-1.jpg

From growing up in a run he had to share with other piggies, rabbits and chickens, Llewelyn has had a life far beyond his wildest dreams.

It was love on first sniff at Hopper Haven Rescue in Redditch in October 2007 when he met three year old Dizzy, who just adored her “toy boy “, even though she was a strict task master when it came to piggy etiquette (which he was definitely lacking in the early days). Llewi just loved Dizzy’s regular cuddles and they were a very devoted couple.
IMG_7913_edited-4-1.jpg

IMG_7726_edited-1.jpg

3cfd725e.jpg

Llewelyn had extremely trigger happy survival instincts and it took a long time to work past them, but I will never forget the moment when it finally sunk in that piggy paradise was all his – and that it was for keeps!
4995c727.jpg

IMG_9559_edited-1-1.jpg

IMG_0275_edited-4.jpg

When it became clear in spring 2009 that five year old Dizzy wouldn’t be with us for very long, I found Nerys and Nia so Llewelyn would hopefully be spared the heart rending pining when his beloved Dizzy left. Thankfully my plan worked out!
IMG_2085_edited-1-1.jpg

IMG_3276_edited-1-1.jpg

From there, the Tribe took off. Llewelyn was very much the corner stone and patriarch, who made it work and was not afraid of stepping into the fray if necessary!
IMG_4112_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4488_edited-1.jpg

Four year old Fflur was his next big love, and it was so sad that she had only seven wonderful weeks with you and the Tribe.
IMG_4991_edited-1.jpg

Her replacement Ffion was very much a different kettle of piggy, and Llewelyn was suddenly confronted with women’s lib piggy style!
IMG_6416_edited-1.jpg

The “green table†threads will just not be the same without the Secretary General anymore!
e2e2eb1a.jpg

You were a truly handsome boar, but you could be very funny, too!
IMG_3237_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5186_edited-1.jpg

The Tribe will not be the same without you.
92d910e5-1-2.jpg

Thankfully, you were not in pain although it was heartbreaking to see you shrinking before our eyes and be helpless to do any more than make you as comfy as possible.
d749b5f7.jpg

(Taken the evening before his death)
b1067051.jpg

But although we miss you dreadfully and are so sorry that you have gone, I know that you have had the happiest of boar lives imaginable. I am sure that your beloved Dizzy, Fflur and Ffion will have been waiting for you on the other side of the Bridge. We have buried you close to Fflur in the garden.

Sleep well, my Llewi-boy!
IMG_7148_edited-1.jpg

That tribute has brought tears to my eyes. He truly was a special boy, thank-you for sharing him with us. Run free little one. x

That was really sweet Wiebke. He has such a nice life :) You must miss him a lot.

What a lovely tribute to a gorgeous little man.

RIP Llewelyn :rose, sleep well.

Awwwwww this made me blubber :( I have tears rolling down my cheeks! what a beautiful tribute to Llewelyn, he'll be missed so much, goodnight little angel rest in peace xxxxxxxx

Ah I loved Llewelyn - he was absolutely stunning and I just love how he changed in colour over the years.

RIP sweetie - your girlies will miss you but you have your other gals waiting for you above xx

Tears in my eyes reading this beautiful tribute, he really was such a special boy and will be missed by many.
Sleep well Llewelyn x :rose

What a lovely tribute and beautiful photos of your handsome boy

It really did move me to tears and you and your girls must miss your darling Llewi terribly.

Sleep well dear Llewllyn, reunited at the Bridge with your Dizzy, Ffion and Fflur once again x x x

I have a huge lump in my throat and the eyes have been wiped 8...

what a lovely tribute to an absolutely lovely wee fella

rest well Llewellyn xx

aaw its brought tears to my eyes. RIP llewellyn x

sending you some happiness wiebke i hope you are ok xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back