• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

The new Stubbins medical thread

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi!
I thought that it would be a good idea to give an update on Stubbins.
After her round of tests, a few things were concluded about Stubbins:
(1) Her molars were slightly long and were subsequently trimmed.
(2) The cause of her diarrhea may be either ulcers, fatty liver disease, or the fact that the right side of her skull is slightly swollen.
(3) She is receiving her first round of medication tonight (Vitamin B), which will hopefully help my little girl. 🤞
(4) She has been off of veggies for many weeks. At nighttime, I have been giving her Vitamin C mixed with Critical Care to create a thick paste mixture. I put it in a little bowl for her and she licks it clean! I am hoping that the recovery food will help her gain a little bit of weight!
Our vet has been so kind and helpful!

At least after all the tests you have some idea what you're dealing with. It's never easy trying to diagnose what is wrong with a piggy as they are prey animals and hide illnesses very well. If only they could talk!

Stubbins pooped out (I think) what appeared to be a blood clot. Is this possible/serious? I phoned the vet a few hours ago, and the nurse told me that she would call back soon.
Any advice?
Thank you!

Back