The Perfect Audience- A Cautionary Tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen H

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My youngest and I were left in Debenhams yesterday (don't ask!) and it's not the most exciting place to be! Until.... an announcement that there was to be a Free Gift Giveaway in 5 mins on the floor we happened to be on!

We casually sauntered/ ran with no shame to the suitcase section and were third in line behind a very out of breath man clutching a ceramic condiment set and a couple wearing trainers (who'd clearly come prepared!).

Obviously this was no free gift without a catch, and we were treated to a 15 min demo by a very enthusiastic sales assistant. Well my daughter and I were the perfect audience. We were at a loose end anyway, waiting for hubby and eldest daughter, so we threw ourselves into the spirit of the demo. We ooh-d, we aah-d, we put our hands up, we had a go of the product, we were any salesman's dream!

Unfortunately we got so into it we bought the damned thing too! I blame the piggies. It's a Personal Valet sticky roller set- with not only a lifetime guarantee, but also a Debenhams guarantee thank you very much :eek: No more hair on fleece for the rest of our natural lives! The sales guy did look a bit bemused when we asked if it picked up hay too :xd:

It's all about the pigs.....

Bwuahahah! That's amazing!

Yes yes, all about the piggies! They need a life of luxury, we are just their slaves! Yours have you programmed well, obviously! :P

Bwuahahah! That's amazing!

Yes yes, all about the piggies! They need a life of luxury, we are just their slaves! Yours have you programmed well, obviously! :P
Haha they do! It's like we're seeing the world now through a piggy shaped lens! They were our first thought when he started the demo! We turned to each other and mouthed 'fleece'!

Yes, everything and anything now revolves around the piggies! EVERYTHING. I've already planned for the christmas leftover veg from the food prep gets bagged up for the piggies (obviously before it's cooked)!

Yes, everything and anything now revolves around the piggies! EVERYTHING. I've already planned for the christmas leftover veg from the food prep gets bagged up for the piggies (obviously before it's cooked)!
Haha! As long as you leave enough for yourselves!

Wow, what a great product. You will have to let us know if it works.
*rolls up sleeves to demonstrate* It's ALWAYS sticky! You just wash it in hot water then it goes sticky again (it's like rubber). And there's a hand held one, a big one on a pole (for doing the run) and a mini one for those out- and-about 'rogue hair and a little poop left on sweater' emergencies :xd: I'm trying it in the cage later so I'll let you know. Then I'm contacting Debenhams for a part time sales position :D

They had a demo for that at morrisons last year, but when I turned up, nobody was at the stand yet, so I grabbed a free sample box and left. Tesco had a knife one a few years ago, that free sample was great, this huge carving knife thats been very useful. I hate the cheesy 15 min demos though lol.

We have the full set of these things! Normal hand held one, one on a pole to reach high up or to roll around the floor and even a hand bag sized one! Haha they are great! Did you end up getting the 'free gift' you went there for? Haha

We have the full set of these things! Normal hand held one, one on a pole to reach high up or to roll around the floor and even a hand bag sized one! Haha they are great! Did you end up getting the 'free gift' you went there for? Haha
Woohoo! Yay I'm not the only one! It worked well when we tried it, but didn't rinse off as easily as it did for the salesman. Yes- the 'free gift' (haha) was a little gadget that cuts cucumber and carrot into spirals!

They had a demo for that at morrisons last year, but when I turned up, nobody was at the stand yet, so I grabbed a free sample box and left. Tesco had a knife one a few years ago, that free sample was great, this huge carving knife thats been very useful. I hate the cheesy 15 min demos though lol.
Good tactics! Get there before the sales guy- I like it!

Woohoo! Yay I'm not the only one! It worked well when we tried it, but didn't rinse off as easily as it did for the salesman. Yes- the 'free gift' (haha) was a little gadget that cuts cucumber and carrot into spirals!

I know, I sort of rub my fingers over it whilst under water and that helps get the hair off. They really do a good job of picking up hairs etc though :) oh cool another gadget to test out on the piggies. I'm sure they'd love spirally veg haha

I know, I sort of rub my fingers over it whilst under water and that helps get the hair off. They really do a good job of picking up hairs etc though :) oh cool another gadget to test out on the piggies. I'm sure they'd love spirally veg haha
Haha- you know I hadn't even thought that! Yes- posh veg!

heeee heee I am glad I am not the only one that looks at gadgets and gizmos with' piggy coloured glasses' - if it aint pig friendly I don't need it and wont get it :):yahoo: - I recently changed some hessian peg bags into hay noshing bags, they just love getting piggy noses in for a snuffle :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back