• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Pig With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So after a bit of a faff this weekend (having reserved a neutered boar to find out the rescue expected to bond him with Daisy when he is just 4 weeks post neuter!) I visited a local rescue that has a group of girls and only rehomes these ladies for companions with bereaved piggies.

So meet a little piggy who was fairly new to the rescue and as such has no name... she is ever so slightly underweight (can feel her bones a small amount but she isn't massively so). Her nails are horrendous and the rescue have been clipping away but it's an ongoing process which they were happy for me to take over (it was very nice to be called piggy savvy). I am still thinking of adopting the neutered boar in a couple of more weeks time assuming the rescue do keep hold of him for me but if not then I will not be in a rush :)

17523401_10158467752105437_4312161474121916008_n.jpg

17498795_10158467752025437_1676331465251768853_n.jpg

17499473_10158467752070437_329915769637555523_n.jpg

Oh she's gorgeous and worthy of classy name! The last pic sums up all of your kindness in rehoming her

Oh she's gorgeous and worthy of classy name! The last pic sums up all of your kindness in rehoming her

I showed my OH and he said "she looks half dead" :lol!: it was within half an hour of having them home so feel very honoured

I agree with Vicki she does require a very special name, she's a beauty, in fact she looks like a little mouse sleeping there.

We've whittled it down from ten names to two... I'm hoping when more of her personality shows we'll know... either that or we'll have started using one which will just stick

She is adorable and so relaxed already in her new home. I looked at her photos and Precious came straight into my head!

Her response was "we always do 4 weeks and they are fine but if you want to wait a couple more weeks that's up to you"
That is disappointing from the rescue.
But your new girl is gorgeous, not to mention very fortunate to have landed in such a great home..
I don't know the first thing about colours and breeds, but that is the one colour I would LOVE to have.

Awww i love lemon agoutis. She looks so contented. Hope you do get the boar. How frustrating that a rescue gives out misinformation about introducing post neutering.

She looks similar to my Gracie. Gorgeous girl and she has a lovely new home with you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back