• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Piggles move in... and get in the Christmas spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, it only took a little convincing and a little bargaining for Simon to agree for the Piggles to come indoors through Winter.

One of the main problems I had with bringing them indoors was space. Our house is only little so space is a bit of a premium, plus hay makes Simon sneeze :( I'd never really thought of the space under the stairs as an option. It's usually just dead space filled with piles of shoes (and lately piles of fleece!) but a bit of Spring cleaning later we had just about enough space to fit them in.

I admit that it's on the small side, but I'd rather them sacrafice some space (it works out just short of a 3 x 2 +2/3) and be toasty than have lots of space and be cold. They seem very happy in here though and Boris has run lots of laps and popcorned tons!

Anyway... Here is where they'll be until we get some sunshine!

Oliver (sat in the stairs) wonders who's making all the noise..
IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Complete with Christmas Stockings :)
IMG_0888.jpg

Pixel and Willow scoffing flaked peas... Mmm!
IMG_0889.jpg

Whilst Pippa and Boris tuck into yummy hay
IMG_0890.jpg

Before Boris claims the peas for himself
IMG_0892.jpg

Sorry they're a little fuzzy - they're just off my phone

Aww gorgeous piggies (and cat). They look very happy and mine have that bowl :)) I would love to bring mine indoors over the winter but it just isn't possible :( Chris has said that when we have our own house which will be bigger then may be but that's a long way off :( x

Aww gorgeous piggies (and cat). They look very happy and mine have that bowl :)) I would love to bring mine indoors over the winter but it just isn't possible :( Chris has said that when we have our own house which will be bigger then may be but that's a long way off :( x

It did take a little bribing on my part! ;)

Your girls hutch always looks so cosy though Claire! I'm willing to bet that it's warmer in there than it is in our house! :)

Thank you :) The only thing I have noticed is their feet have sometimes felt a little cold :{ but luckily, their bodies have always felt warm. I would much prefer them to be in the house though but as Chris is allergic (not the hay but them) they would need a room of their own to go in which we do not have x

looking good hun-c

It may not be at much space (my indoor smaller than my outdoor hutch) but they and me get so much more from them being inside! I use the upstairs bathroom as their run throughout the day lol!

thats fab , how do you fix the last grid to the stairs so it cant be pushed? is it fixed with a hook screwed into the stairs at the bottom?

That looks really snug and I love the stockings! How do you stop Oliver getting into the cage?

thats fab , how do you fix the last grid to the stairs so it cant be pushed? is it fixed with a hook screwed into the stairs at the bottom?

It's fastened to the correx with a piece of ribbon for the time being :) Boris quickly sussed out how to shove it open and escape! He took his girls for an adventure round the kitchen last night rolleyes

@Romily - Ollie has not tried to get in, in fact he's pretty much ignored them! He goes out whilst we're at work though. Murdock (our other cat) has not yet tried to get in either, although I have no doubt he will try at some point as he seems to enjoy sleeping with them, silly cat!

That's wonderful. I love their little stockings.

i would put a little hook into the wood at the bottom of the stairs and hook the grid on to it would be more safer as in time the guineas may chew the ribbon x

Thanks Claire, that's a good idea :) The ribbon was just a way of keeping Houdini-Boris where he should be for now!

It's tucked down under the fleece so should hopefully hold til I sort it properly :)

Awwww that looks fab :)) I love the stockings, must be lovely to have them indoors with you :)

Aww, love the little piggy stockings, I wonder if i could make some!
The pigs are gorgeous, and love where they are kept (underneath a stair case!) best place ever!

Genious use of space and I absolutelyx)x)x)those diddy stockings.
Quite jealous, wish all my piggies could live inside :( but unfortunately every bedroom and the dinning room is used and full to burst.

Thanks everyone x>>

The stockings were just made from bits of left over fleece, I attempted to stitch the names on at first but only got as far a 'Pip..' and quickly got bored!

It seems they've soon remembered the sound of the fridge door too! rolleyes They're gonna be the size of elephants come Spring!

Is Pixel the pew ? a beautiful piggy not that all piggies aren't beautiful but I have a real soft spot for the whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back