• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The piglets which started it all

HeatherW

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been meaning to share these for a while, but it's taken me a while to dig through and find the photos! My guinea pig obsession started when some neighbours brought theirs round for a cuddle back in 2004. Meet the original dynamic duo, Poppet and Tilly! They were sisters and very much the yin to the other's yang. Tilly was an absolute sweetheart who would happily sit for snuggles until she was desperate for a wee, whereas Poppet was a feisty, sassy madam who would frequently nip me! They would both come to call when it was time to go back into the hutch for bed time, and would give lots and lots of kisses. Despite the many nips (which I no doubt deserved :D), Poppet and I had a particularly strong bond, especially after poor Tilly had to be PTS due to cancer. My biggest regret is having to leave Poppet behind when I started uni, and she passed away before I made it home for Christmas. These two are the reason I have a special soft spot for agoutis!

Poppet
18.jpg

33.JPG

34.jpg

Tilly
Tilly Angel.jpg

20.jpg

2.jpg

14.JPG

28.JPG

They are lovely. I also have a soft spot for agoutis. My first ever guinea pig was a silver agouti with a white patch on her flank. I adored her and was heart broken when she died.

Next was Whiskey who was golden agouti with a fawn tummy. Aww.

Your pictures brought back some lovely memories for me.

So pretty babies! 😍😍 It's so nice to reminisce.

Here are my very first piggies the day we got them, Meemee (tri colour) and Deedee (black and white). We adopted them from RSPCA on May 2012. Hubby had been keeping piggies for years before I met him, but these two were my first after we got married (his last piggy Noinoi passed away a year before we got married). He said he wanted new piggies as wedding gift. I told him he can only blame himself by turning me piggie mad. 🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1608724925686.jpgFB_IMG_1608724932045.jpgFB_IMG_1608724936027.jpg

So pretty babies! 😍😍 It's so nice to reminisce.

Here are my very first piggies the day we got them, Meemee (tri colour) and Deedee (black and white). We adopted them from RSPCA on May 2012. Hubby had been keeping piggies for years before I met him, but these two were my first after we got married (his last piggy Noinoi passed away a year before we got married). He said he wanted new piggies as wedding gift. I told him he can only blame himself by turning me piggie mad. 🤣🤣

View attachment 161433View attachment 161434View attachment 161435
Super cuuuuuuute!

Aww gorgeous piggies on this thread :luv:
Its no wonder we're all smitten :wub:

Here's my first 2, sisters Kizzy & Turbo... & my buy 2 get a surprise free 1 (a few weeks later) - baby Dumpling!

On Dumplings first birthday 🎂
L- Turbo, CTR - Dumpling, R- Kizzy(mum).

Ps the hats were made of paper & only resting on their heads momentarily... They kept dropping off every time they moved their heads! Lol! :love:

_20201231_224845.JPG

_20201231_224932.JPG

Last edited:
Back