• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The reunion! The reason why Simon Maddock is the man for anything dental!

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Simon had a lovely surprise today, when he was reunited with a very special piggy. Little Hazel arrived at TEAS in November 2014, when she was three months old, weighing 128g. At the time, we had 1 week old babies who weighed more than Hazel. Her teeth were dreadful and her future looked very bleak. Simon filed her teeth and Hazel began to steadily gain weight. She saw Simon a number of times and at each appointment her dental issues had improved. Eventually in March 2015 Hazel returned home, weighing 584g and with perfect teeth.
Hazel is now back at TEAS, not because of a recurrence of her dental issue, but because her little friend, Buttons, has incisor problems.
Simon was so delighted to see her and immediately popped her onto his scales, where she weighed 850g.
Hazel is one of our many success stories and it’s all down to the huge skill and dedication of Simon Maddock!9C9FD503-3449-4D41-915F-05CA6A11559E.jpegEA461062-043F-486A-A1B6-2FCBB7073FE7.jpeg439D8CC2-2795-48D2-B989-8DF55C0F0279.jpeg3BD0B85E-E59F-404B-A585-68DC157B419F.jpeg1EE57FBE-D1A9-465F-BD6E-0F8DE9144474.jpegA6E47E25-338A-434E-826B-E5AB733A752C.jpeg5691F95E-93E5-46F8-A181-EC4055741680.jpeg67C4722F-C911-4C9C-9144-566E5DE96C0C.jpeg7F5F0C0F-FD8B-40C9-8FDD-65FAD67CD5F9.jpeg

I will never forget seeing Hazel for the first time. She looked perfect, but so very tiny. I even googled 'dwarfism in guinea pigs' as I couldn't see how else she could be so tiny at three months old. Simon didn't think she would ever grow to normal size, but she's proved him wrong!

After her first dental, I was hopeful that we would be able to manage her issue, but never thought Simon would be able to cure her completely, but three months later she was heading home, totally sorted and gaining weight by the day!

Simon had a lovely surprise today, when he was reunited with a very special piggy. Little Hazel arrived at TEAS in November 2014, when she was three months old, weighing 128g. At the time, we had 1 week old babies who weighed more than Hazel. Her teeth were dreadful and her future looked very bleak. Simon filed her teeth and Hazel began to steadily gain weight. She saw Simon a number of times and at each appointment her dental issues had improved. Eventually in March 2015 Hazel returned home, weighing 584g and with perfect teeth.
Hazel is now back at TEAS, not because of a recurrence of her dental issue, but because her little friend, Buttons, has incisor problems.
Simon was so delighted to see her and immediately popped her onto his scales, where she weighed 850g.
Hazel is one of our many success stories and it’s all down to the huge skill and dedication of Simon Maddock!
Such a nice positive story, Simon must have been so proud of himself lol and yourself debbie This just made me feel happy reading this, and to top it all off guess what......yep thats right shes an abby:yahoo:

I still remember seeing her on way to TEAS - she was tiny but totally adorable and not at all fazed!

Such an uplifting story and another reason why piggies with dental problems should go to see Simon, a brilliant vet!

Cat and rabbit care clinic needs to get it out there that they are experts in treating guinea pigs. Cant believe they havnt,I know its probably not down to simon making it happen. But the sign is misleading. Its why i never knew about him and kim for years.

I take it its a franchise, i fit signs for a living so i see this quite alot.

It's not a franchise, but not owned by Simon and Kim. To be honest, they don't need to advertise, as they're fully booked all the time. I just wish they could be moved to bigger premises and another vet taken on, who could learn about the piggies. At the moment, we lose both vets at holiday time, as Simon and Kim are married and like to holiday together! :-)

It's not a franchise, but not owned by Simon and Kim. To be honest, they don't need to advertise, as they're fully booked all the time. I just wish they could be moved to bigger premises and another vet taken on, who could learn about the piggies. At the moment, we lose both vets at holiday time, as Simon and Kim are married and like to holiday together! :-)
Yea you are right about being fully booked all the time. But it just seems that if you havnt discovered this forum yet and you see their sign saying cat and rabbit, its easy to miss being a new guinea pig owner like i was.

But yea how small the place is and simon and kim quite rightly holidaying together, and having even more customers would be mayhem.

They get a lot of their guinea pig customers via google search. I often get talking to various piggy owners, who are there from all over the UK. So many of them have already spent thousands of pounds elsewhere, with no improvement and often a deterioration. I have seen so many of them shedding tears of joy, that after just one visit to Simon or Kim, there piggy is eating, before they even leave the practice.

I still remember seeing her on way to TEAS - she was tiny but totally adorable and not at all fazed!
She has always been such a confident piggy. I guess she was handled lots, as she needed so much supportive care, up until she saw Simon at three months of age.

She has always been such a confident piggy. I guess she was handled lots, as she needed so much supportive care, up until she saw Simon at three months of age.

She was very lucky to have dedicated knowledgeable care and commitment from her owner right from the start (and indeed lots of handling!) and then from you and Simon.

It is so wonderful to see that she has been living a happy normal life after that kind of start!

Back