• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The twins have been seperated

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was planning on seperating George and Gerry on tuesday when my C&C parts arrive but they made the decision today for me by lunging for each other. I've put a temperary divide up which means they've not got a lot of room each but I couldn't leave them fighting.
I'm really struggling with the thought of them being apart as they do get on most of the time. Poor George looked really lost to start with, he just sat there staring at the fence. He seems ok now, happily pottering around but Gerry's not taking it that well.
He's tried climbing the fence, digging under it and pushing it over. He's now lying next to it trying to see George.
It's really upsetting me, I want to put them back together, I just don't know what to do now. 8...

Can they still have some playtime perhaps together?

We had to separate our boys, i had a divider that slid down for the day/night time, but they still had playtime supervised each night together, and when i'd get home from work i'd lift the divider, they'd both roar thru and say a quick hello on way past and then Sully would see what food Duke had left behind rolleyes and Duke would go sniff where Sully had been rolleyes

As long as they can see each other they should be fine, i bet you'll find them beside the divider happily chatting away to each other x)

Yeah good idea. Gerry's settled down now and George doesn't seem interested. I think we'll just have to see how it goes.
I can't bear the thought of them being unhappy and on their own ( I know they can see each other but it's not the same) I just keep thinking about the fact that they're brothers and have spent the last 2 years together, they're all they know.
My OH is not budging on the idea of getting them wives. I don't know how else to persuade him. He's right, we can't afford anymore vet bills, it's all going on the credit card as it is.
Sorry just feeling a little sorry for them. (and myself)

sorry love the forum went sloooooooow for me mallethead

I wish i too could have more little ones.......but my OH wont budge either :(

I cant wait for piccies of their cage :)
I would suggest they live side by side and what Glynis has suggested about playtime.

xx

The plan was to have George and Gerry next to each other in a 5 by 2 each with the trio on top in a 4 by 3 but having started to make it I don't think I can get under the 4 by 3 to clean out the bottom layer or get the boys out. May have to re think this. Any tips?
Can you stand on Correx? That comes tomorrow....

Depends on the correx as to whether you can stand on it. The skinny stuff from teacrape packaging no you can't and be careful cutting it!

5 x 2 for a solo pig is HUGE! Lucky boys.

My triple decker cage is a 3 x 4 and it's a real pain to clean but it can be done. Sounds like you're going to need some kind of wooder support beam or something to hold the top level rigid.

Can't wait to see how it works out!

Well there's method in my madness :))
I told the OH that was the minimum size for one piggy knowing full well I can get another one or two wives in there as well once I've persuaded him and I won't have to redesign it again. ;)

Well there's method in my madness :))
I told the OH that was the minimum size for one piggy knowing full well I can get another one or two wives in there as well once I've persuaded him and I won't have to redesign it again. ;)

:x
BRILLIANT !!!

Good luck with the C&C building xx>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back