• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The year just gets worse - Miss you so much Daisy Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We made the decision today to have our little Daisy Duke PTS. She has been ill for a few weeks with a respiratory infection which got worse each time she came into season which was more often than most hamsters.

Over the last few days she started to get worse and we took her to the vet last night fully expecting to not come home with her but the vet said to try another week of baytril. This morning we woke up to find her struggling to walk, and when I got her out for a cuddle she sunk her teeth into my chest as if to tell me she had had enough. She also lashed out at the vets last night. Daisy never bit us apart from play biting and we knew this meant she was not happy. So we took her to the vets this morning and she passed peacefully in my hands.

Daisy was about 20 months old and she lived with us since she was a baby. She chose us, we were in P@H not intending to get another hamster but she came straight up to the glass to see us and when I walked away I looked back and she was peering round the corner to look at me. It took an evening of persuading the OH and we went and got her the next morning.

She was such a charachter, she had major OCD with her food and could not bare it if her food wasn't either up in her penthouse or neatly stacked on her ledge.

She used to play fight with Ross and roll on her back and grab his fingers with her paws and teeth (very gently).

We always knew when Daisy was getting up as her food used to fall out of her penthouse into her tubes and she had to dig her way through to get out. We would always shout at each other over the racket - "Daisy Duke's getting up".

She loved her ball but used it as a method of finding somewhere different to sleep and would then sleep in the same spot in the middle of the hall floor for a couple of hours. She would also take a picnic of sunflower seeds with her and we would have to clear up the shells after she had run off.

We will miss you every day little Daisy Duke, go find the others at the bridge and we will see you again I promise.

Here are some pics, the first is her as a baby:

095-2.jpg

074-5.jpg

016-13.jpg

816.jpg

1142.jpg

It's been such a rubbish year so far, Daisy is the 5th animal we have lost since the New year :(:(

Ohhhh Helen! I'm so sorry :( Gosh not another little member of your furry family :( I'm so so sorry, goodnight Daisy Duke sweet dreams special girl always in our hearts xxxxxx

I am so sorry that yet another pet has had to leave you!
What a loving tribute to her!

RIP Daisy Duke

Thank you everyone. I just chopped the nightly veggies and it was horrible chopping for one less (the hamsters have a little bit of veg each night).

So sorry, she sounded like such an lovely girl, so full of character.

RIP Daisy Duke

x x

What a little character Daisy Duke was. For such a little animal she has certainly left a lasting impression. She sounded like she had a wonderful life with you and I'm sorry her time came. She will be safely at rainbow bridge now and can have fun with all the other hammies there.. So very sorry..

Oh heck Helen whee are all really sorry to hear about little Daisy Duke 8...8...8...
RIP Daisy Duke run free at the bridge, enjoy the big hammie ball and munching on your fav veggies and sunflower seeds, you'll be so very sadly missed but NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and loads of loves from Glynis, Velvet and Onyx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
another little star now twinkling in the sky ...... :(

I loved her piccies thankyou for sharing x)

Thank you, I have just tied her ribbon on the plant we use to remember our furbabies. They all have a ribbon, blue or purple for the boys and pink for the girls. There is 1 on there for Haribo too, because even though he passed before he could come here, he was still meant to be our hamster.

Oh no! 8...8...8...8...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had to tie another ribbon on the tree so soon Helen. Little Daisy couldn;t have asked for a better home with you, Ross and the rest of the menagerie!

RIP little Daisy duke - your little footprints are forever in our memories. Enjoy being reunited with your pals at The Bridge.

x

Thank you Pebble. I really miss my little baby.

Ahh this is so sad:(
but atleast shes going to be happier now:(
i hope the year gets better from now for you! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back