They're here!

Saiyanguineapig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So this afternoon we finally picked up Humbug and currently un-named baby! Had to quickly zoom to the pet shop as the water bottle I had started leaking real bad. But ended up for the best as I bought 2 so now have a bottle each.
received_1238216979874328.jpegreceived_1239608889732898.jpeg

They immediately ran to the hidey and haven't been heard of since 😅. Though Humbug seems to have stuck his rear out the right side of the hidey
20200926_162605.jpg
You can kinda just make out his butt by the white fur highlights.

Not expecting much outta them the next few days. Will give them some veg later but will put it in doorway for them.
Very happy to have them home and to start seeing their little personalities soon.

gerbilord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
they're very cute! But that cage looks a bit small. Is that their permanent cage? 2 boars should preferably be kept in 180 x 60cm (if my measurements are correct) - sorry for assuming just looks a bit like those small pet shop cages.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Lovely boys! <3

The little one looks like he will turn into a real fuzzy bear!

I hope that they will settle in well and get their bearings. Just keep talking gently all the time and use our piggy whispering with them. Announce every element of the daily routine with a distinct call, so they can get the hang of their new life pretty quickly and learn what is coming up.
Settling In And Making Friends With Guinea Pigs - A Guide

they're very cute! But that cage looks a bit small. Is that their permanent cage? 2 boars should preferably be kept in 180 x 60cm (if my measurements are correct) - sorry for assuming just looks a bit like those small pet shop cages.
140-160 x 60cm cm is usually considered an ideal boar sized traditional cage.

Saiyanguineapig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
It's a ferplast 120, but yes once funds allow I'm planning on getting a 180. I had a anti-social singleton recently so 120 was enough. Now with 2 young boars we'll definitely be getting bigger.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Aw your new piggies are gorgeous, exciting times ahead x

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:wub::wub: Do think about a bigger cage as soon as, especially if they’re in/coming into their teenage months. Boys are definitely more territorial and slack of space can cause issues.

Can’t wait to see more of them!:drool::luv::wub:

Saiyanguineapig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
:wub::wub: Do think about a bigger cage as soon as, especially if they’re in/coming into their teenage months. Boys are definitely more territorial and slack of space can cause issues.

Can’t wait to see more of them!:drool::luv::wub:
This is definitely what we're aiming for. Wanna upgrade before baby hits his teen phase. Humbug is around 6-9 months we think? So past that stage. Iv seen the teen phase before space really helps.