• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

things are really getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
well for the first time ever I went out this morning with pepper for her first toilet break and all 3 girls were out in the big area of the hutch, normally as soon as I say good morning to them and let them know I am about they rush back into the bedroom to hide - well they stayed where they were and went about their business. Crystal was sat there staring out - me thinks she was trying to jedi mind me into bringing her the veg right then :))

They have really gained in confidence and staying out is such a major break through for them all, even skitty minty didnt run off right away, she had a moment but she stopped and came back so I was thrilled.

They know the routine as well now, I clean out the big area while they stay in the bedroom, once I have finished that and put out the veg they go into the big area while I clean out the bedroom for them. I managed to catch fudge but she wanted her food so it was a quick cuddle.

I have taken out the green igloo thing as they are using it as a toilet and they also I think are confident enough to have more room around the bowls (which they have a habit of pooping and weeing in) and just more room upstairs - next week they should be getting downstairs too so they will have lots more space. I also have taken out the small (or large for them) cat/dog duo bowl and found a kids plastic plate with nom noms on it - couldnt resist :)) so they have their veg on the plate now, small bowls with the dry muesli so they cant sit in them (hopefully no more mess in the food then). They seem to like the extra space so I think its a good decision at this time for them.

Great news! Congrats on your big milestone!

Usually, with time and patience, you will get there. It just takes longer than most people realise.

It's great when they start building up there confidence. My Esme was such a shy baby now is pure attitude! :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back