Things your piggies do that baffle you

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So I put an iced bottle in the girls’ cage. They came and ‘checked’ it out as they always do something foreign. But then proceeded to clean themselves. Eh? 😐 They finally got it and are now both lying next to it.

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Brilliant! :)) :love:
My pigs have always gone the opposite side of the cage to iced/cold anything over the years! The chinchillas would sit on top, snooze, all chin chookened out?! These lot go and get in the warmest place possible 🙄Glad they’re making use of it, could do with a human sized one here, it’s boiling!

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My pigs have always gone the opposite side of the cage to iced/cold anything over the years! The chinchillas would sit on top, snooze, all chin chookened out?! These lot go and get in the warmest place possible 🙄Glad they’re making use of it, could do with a human sized one here, it’s boiling!
my boys are doing the exact same thing right now,ice pack in a tea towel and they’re as far away as it gets

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well, they moved away from it now. One is in a pigloo and the other is on the opposite side under the overhang of the puppy pad in the hay tray. The boys are using them though they're preferring one over the other. Fudge has just been chased away by Toff 🙄

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well, they moved away from it now. One is in a pigloo and the other is on the opposite side under the overhang of the puppy pad in the hay tray. The boys are using them though they're preferring one over the other. Fudge has just been chased away by Toff 🙄
They do like to confuse us slaves! :doh::))

Katsycakes

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Mine do this too! I wondered if it was because the cold made them think their noses were wet so they try to clean it off! They're currently both flumped down beside their respective ice bottles - I've got about 6 in rotation at the moment trying to get them frozen fast enough before the ones in the cage defrost. Cannot wait for the heatwave to be over!

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Mine do this too! I wondered if it was because the cold made them think their noses were wet so they try to clean it off! They're currently both flumped down beside their respective ice bottles - I've got about 6 in rotation at the moment trying to get them frozen fast enough before the ones in the cage defrost. Cannot wait for the heatwave to be over!
I’m sure a lot of us agree! :doh:Sounds like you’re doing brilliantly with the ‘coolness’ though! :)

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Bruno will not eat his cucumber unless I hold it for him, every time!
Comet went through a phase of only eating spinach if you gave it to him stalk first.

Comet also tried to eat the letterbox every time he was out in the hallway. Comet also tried to eat the wallpaper every time he was in the hallway. Comet also let Blitzen steal his dinner at every mealtime and never put up a fight to stop it.

Comet was...odd, yes.

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Stubbins wiggles out of my arms when I try to do lap time with her...
so I put her back in her enclosure...
and then I sit on my bed...
and I see a familiar little face with her paws on top of the c and c grid...eyes staring into my fragile soul...wheeking for attention...
and the cycle begins again...

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Stubbins wiggles out of my arms when I try to do lap time with her...
so I put her back in her enclosure...
and then I sit on my bed...
and I see a familiar little face with her paws on top of the c and c grid...eyes staring into my fragile soul...wheeking for attention...
and the cycle begins again...
Master manipulator 🤣🤣🤣

hannahs26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two older girls have always kept away from cold packs wrapped in fleece but my two young Texels are loving lying on them :-)

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
This morning Jezzy decided to befriend her frozen bottle in a sock, she groomed it, chatted to it, rubbed against it gently rumbling... seems that today's black stripey cold sock creatures are more friendly than yesterday's purple cold sock creatures? Why is that Jezzy...?