• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Think Blodwen is getting a URI :(

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear piggy daddy was just doing the poop scooping then he rushed in carrying a grunting honking Blodwen... he didn't half panic, and panic me too, Blod is definitely grunting and honking a lot :(
I heard a bit of honking yesterday but it was intermittent during a scatter feed so I couldn't tell who it was or if it was just greedy Piggle or Theo hoovering up the hay too fast as usual...
Going to phone the vet as soon as they open tomorrow see if we can get an emergency same day appointment... she is still eating, scampering and popcorning (and trying to hump Clover) but she sounds awful :(
First socially distanced vet trip since lockdown coming up, please wish Blod luck! I think I see nasty baytril on the horizon...

Oh dear piggy daddy was just doing the poop scooping then he rushed in carrying a grunting honking Blodwen... he didn't half panic, and panic me too, Blod is definitely grunting and honking a lot :(
I heard a bit of honking yesterday but it was intermittent during a scatter feed so I couldn't tell who it was or if it was just greedy Piggle or Theo hoovering up the hay too fast as usual...
Going to phone the vet as soon as they open tomorrow see if we can get an emergency same day appointment... she is still eating, scampering and popcorning (and trying to hump Clover) but she sounds awful :(
First socially distanced vet trip since lockdown coming up, please wish Blod luck! I think I see nasty baytril on the horizon...

All the best!

I am sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well getting an appointment with the vet and that she makes a speedy recovery

Don't these piggies worry us, also anxious piggy daddy who panics all the time! Yesterday we had a complete false alarm when he ran in carrying Clover (he was almost crying) telling me her tummy fur was all wet and red... cue panic attack... turns out she'd just done a big wee while sleeping in the playpen on a newspaper page with a photo of Liverpool football team and she was just wearing the team colours, her bum and bits were all perfectly clean and dry she was just covered in red ink!
I do think he's right today though that Blod's breathing is very noisy, so vet check as soon as possible...

So sorry to hear that Blodwen might be poorly, I hope you can get an appointment at the vets and she makes a speedy recovery❤

Oh dear poor piggy daddy. I've been scared like that when I'd fed beetroot the day before and forgotten about it.
I hope Blod's okay, good luck with the vet.

Good luck blod 💖 poor piggy daddy and you too, I have to say I've done the same with a piggy to oh, where I've ran in carrying one that doesn't look normal 😳

Good luck blod 💖 poor piggy daddy and you too, I have to say I've done the same with a piggy to oh, where I've ran in carrying one that doesn't look normal 😳
Always better to be safe though and get anything unusual checked out just in case! Clover with a wee-transfer print of the Liverpool footie squad on her tummy yesterday was definitely unusual but luckily not medical :)

Always better to be safe though and get anything unusual checked out just in case! Clover with a wee-transfer print of the Liverpool footie squad on her tummy yesterday was definitely unusual but luckily not medical :)
Oh yes definitely, my vets are positively sick of seeing me, I contact them at the slightest change, they've started joking I miss them 🤣😳 pleased it was just newspaper ink transfer! I remember the first time i gave the piggies beetroot as a treat, let's just say every pig peed red and luckily I realised it must be the beetroot 🤣😳

Just went to check on Blodwen by delivering a few handfuls of late night bonus bistro salad to the piggies after my Ocado shop arrived, she certainly hasn't lost her appetite or her ability to out manouvre Puggle for the last bit of beetroot! Her breathing is still grunty but its not as loud or worrying as it was earlier, and she's still prancing about stuffing her chubby little lilac face- think she'll be ok until the vets open tomorrow :)

Piggy daddy just set off to the vet with Blodwen, may have to wait a while to see the vet as they were fully booked but they are going to send out a nurse to take her in and triage then try fit her in as an emergency sometime this morning... her breathing really sounds awful but she still ate all her breakfast then waddled 6ft to the hay room to fill up on hay.... I wrote the vet a little note with her name, age, weight and symptoms, and added a "ps dont worry about the red stuff in her mouth it is beetroot" !

Back