Thinking of buying some piggie plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What do you all find is there favourite herb/veggie plant? So I can get an idea before I just go out and think oh I know they can eat this and then they don't eat it..haha.

winnie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
mine love curly kale,romaine lettuce and spinach:)

Reaction score
Parsley! Never had a piggy turn it down.

I got some parsley for mine once and the boy got all warty things come up all over his mouth, looked awful. didnt seem to bother him and they dried up and dropped off after a week or 2?

Reaction score
Thank you, I shall try those. :) I do have a few, but neither of those, and mine have all been cut down for winter too, don't know if they have made it though, they don't look very healthy apart from one.

hellsbells82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been buying the "living salads" that are planted mixed leaves from Lidl etc and they love them, I also buy the window sill tubs of parsley (71p in Asda )

Hanlou

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Coriander always goes down well with my two - and unlike parsley etc it's very low in calcium and can even be fed daily. :)

Regarding parsley - apparently flat-leafed parsley is lower in calcium than curly-leafed parsley - mine have enjoyed both types lol. x

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone tried fennel, sage or rosemary? We have these growing in our garden but not sure whether they are ok to feed or not

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Coriander, parsley, celery leaves, cut-and-come lettuce, sprouted bird seed mix (can also be treated as cut-and-come).

Status
Not open for further replies.