• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Thinking Of Getting A Cage For Spare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookey78

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
IMG_5200.PNG hi I am hoping to buy a sister for Pumpkin in the next day or two. This cage is 4ft by 2ft. Is it big enough for two piggies for a month or two until it gets warmer then I can put them in the hutch outside?
Thanks

It would be fine for 2 sows.
Plus I always think it is a good idea to have a spare cage in case of illness or emergencies (like when your bonded group of 4 guinea pigs suddenly decided after living together for a year that they can't live together anymore :roll:).

Thank you. I am just worried in case they don't get on. Pumpkin is only 11 weeks so hoping she will be fine but worried if not then I don't have anything to desperate them into.

Oh no! Naughty girls I wouldn't have the room for that permanently ha.

:agr: It's big enough for 2 sows if they get some floor time too. Plus it's always good to have a hospital cage if needed.

IMG_5201.PNG Where do you all buy yours from? Second hand?
I bought a pen from jolleys for £30 but thinking of taking it Back and getting a cage or should I just keep the pen?
I just can't decide!

How big is the playpen?
It looks quite small.

I think Zooplus often has some good deals on cages and playpens.

IMG_5157.JPG It's 96x53x4.5xm

I want to get her a friend but am so nervous about it. Espexially as I read they need to be apart for two weeks as I don't have the room.

Do you have a nearby rescue that could help find a friend for her?
If you get a piggie from a good rescue you won't need to keep them apart for 2 weeks, plus you will have backup if things don't work out.

The pet shop does take them back up to 7 days.

There is one called Norman Gormans on face book but they are in liskeard about 40 mins from me. I will check out the link again on here. The thing that worries me is I have read people staying close but for hours on end to make sure they are ok etc but I have appts school pick ups today and tomorrow I am working for 3 hours. I thought as I had these 2 days off it would be a good time but I'll be in and out both day. I guess I could wait until Saturday morning.

I would give the rescue a call and see what they say.
You might not have to wait hours if they have a suitable pig and it would avoid the hassle of having to keep your new pig in quarantine for 2 weeks.
Plus with the pet shop you run the risk of a mis-sexed or pregnant piggie, and with the rescue you will be giving a home to a piggie that really needs it :D

We are in convo with the rescue place. So will see what they say. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back