• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

This could only happen to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallie2985

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I went to a 'Cash for Gold' party last night. I wasn't actually feeling very well, but my friend (whose party it was) had told me that her daughter was keen to talk to me about their five year old guinea pig, who had what sounded like sludge issues, so I went along, on the proviso that I was mostly going for the piggy. Said friend lost their other guinea pig on Tuesday night, so was especially keen to make sure that their remaing girl was okay.

I dutifully dug out a couple of pieces of old gold jewellery and stuffed a couple of puppy pads in my bag (I use these when I have the pigs out as it protects my clothes if they need to use the facilities).

The relief on my arrival seemed disproportionate, and I soon realised why - my friend's husband had brought home a guinea pig to replace the one that they had lost! It was a lovely concept, but not so well thought through - friend and her daughter were not planning to have any more guinea pigs because daughter is not home enough to spend quality time with them! So they had a guinea pig and no home for her.

Having recently lost Wills, I wasn't really in the market for a new pig just yet - I had been offered a baby, but that had fallen through, and with Rose being poorly it seemed best to let her recover and get the three girls happy with each other before changing the herd dynamics.

The best laid plans of mice and men...

bumble.jpg

This is Bumble. I fell in love. The decision was a bit more hurried than I would have chosen, but Bumble's options were either me, returning to the Pet Shop, or the RSPCA. I didn't like the other options, so she's here.

I have absolutely no information about her. I know she is a girl, because I checked. Beyond that...her age is a mystery (I would estimate she's probably around 12 weeks, but I'm no expert. Certainly she's not fully grown). Because I have no background, there is a risk that she may be pregnant. I think her tummy seems larger than it should be, and firmer, but she's not obviously expecting, so we'll watch and wait. I weighed her today, and she is 660g. I have also asked my friend to get the details of the Pet Shop she came from so that I can get more information about her.

At the moment she is in quarantine, but she seems to be settling in well - she was quite chatty during lap time this afternoon. She is incredibly sweet, but obviously it's early days for her, so she's not as tame as my other three. That will come.

Only I could go to a Cash for Gold party and come home with £6 and a guinea pig!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that uses puppy pads as lap (and rug) protectors :(|)

Very cute, I'd have probably done the same...

You're not the only one.

She is gorgeous! I would have done the exact same thing to be honest, I fell in love with her from the photo.

She's adorable. I would have done the same thing.

I got a bit scared when you started talking about puppy pads and friend's hubby... your punchline probably wasn't funny as I might have expected, but more of a happy ending. AND you made a profit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back