• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

This dosen't reallt fit into one of the sections, and may sound mental..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmiiee

I have guinea in my room and the last week I keep finding little bugs crawling! and the only way to describe them (don't laugh) is like baby rhinos/beatle like things!

I think they are coming from the hay! as its a fairly new bag ive got, but their creaping me out! anyone else had mini rhinos! ahah :/

feel like such a div haa x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
i once had a bag of hay that had things crawling, that could possibly have been described as baby rhinos...so I'm a spaz too!

My advice, get rid of bag and contents and get another x

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
lol @ baby rhinos.
ive never had a problem with my hay but oh dear its freaked me out now as i hate any kind of bugs like that ewwwwww :...

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
When I lived at my moms, I had an invasion of tiny tiny tiny white bugs that you could barely see. I think they came from sexys bedding. It sent me round the bend. They were EVERYWHERE! The final strawl for me was seeing them in my underwear draw and in my bed. We had to redecorate my whole room and wash everything with disinfectant.Then they went. I had to throw away so much stuff that i loved as well. Its such a shame that hay is something they HAVE to have but it has mites and bugs in. My piggies all got lice and mites this year from hay grrrr.

Emmiiee

ahhaa! lol yhh I'm gona get fresh hay for indoors aha, it should be okay for the outside pigs, I did a goodle seach and found what they are their called weevils

http://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7c.htm

I'm so paranoid that their around my room, havn't seen one since yest, so fingers crossed, I got it early, going to give my room a proper clean soon! tho my room is hard to clean, cos I have wooden board flooring with gaps in them, got hope I don't get an infestation!

Rattypuff

Lol that thread made me laugh :) baby rhinos, wow!
haha :)

heheeehee....ahhh

Well, weevils, ooh i dont really like those, although i think they are harmless. We have some tiny, tiny little black beetles in the spare room where the piggies are living and i noticed one in the run tonight, when i was cleaning out..
maybe its a weevil? not sure..

:{inbreeding

Status
Not open for further replies.