This is such a great Guinea pig forum

Reaction score
I got my guinea pigs about three months ago and from the moment I got them I’ve always wanted the best for them so while searching I learned forums were a really great way to get good information I’ve tried two other guinea pig forms but none of them of have been as good as this one I’ve only been using it for a day and already it’s been so helpful everyone here is very helpful with how to care for your guinea pigs and you guys of been great at answering my questions I just wanted to say thank you❤❤❤

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I got my guinea pigs about three months ago and from the moment I got them I’ve always wanted the best for them so while searching I learned forums were a really great way to get good information I’ve tried two other guinea pig forms but none of them of have been as good as this one I’ve only been using it for a day and already it’s been so helpful everyone here is very helpful with how to care for your guinea pigs and you guys of been great at answering my questions I just wanted to say thank you❤❤❤
Glad that you like it on here! Our forum ethos is to support in a friendly and helpful way, and to answer any question in a constructive way. All of us have started out knowing nothing.

We also have a great community which you may hopefully enjoy, too! The Care sections are for help, support and any questions you have. We have members who specially monitor the most sensitive ones to make sure that no thread goes unanswered and any thread gets a competent answer; especially where lives could be at risk.

The Chat sections are for showing off your piggies, admiring other people's and chatting about your piggies or anything else. We have a special Coronavirus section at the moment in order to deal with any pandemic related issues.

You can look up a lot of information on a very wide range of topics via the Guides shortcut on the top. Some things cannot just be said and sorted in two short sentences because they are a lot more complex. For those cases the guides will give you the particular details, step-by-step lead and the necessary background so you know exactly what to look out for, how to best go about something and will be hopefully able to make more informed decisions that only you can make..

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
PS: We have got a great new owners guide collection - it is a very useful resource to help you learn what is normal and what not, understand guinea pig behaviour and how you can use this to make instant sense to piggies ('piggy whispering'). We have also got some very interesting information on guinea pigs as species, gender specifig aspects; housing, diet, grooming and health monitoring care, extreme weather care and safe/unsafe toys and enrichment. We have also included emergency care and vet advice.
The guide format allows us to update the guides at needs and to add to them if necessary, unlike a printed book.

You may want to bookmark the link; but it is a good place to look at if in doubt and also for finding some rather interesting and fascinating things in there - especially if you live in a different time zone to our UK based forum. We do have members from all around the world and quite a few fellow Americans and Canadians, by the way.

Here is the link: Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides

But we have a social side too, as well as a good community. Some members have their own mini-blog thread about their own piggies in the Guinea Pig Chat section, including me.
For instance, have you noticed our guinea pig memes thread at the top of our Guinea Pig Chat section yet?