• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Thoughts On Skin Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
This is little Marmalade, I thought at first it was a bite because Mowgli gets a little cozy with her, but after checking on her last night, not so sure...thoughts please? Wondering fungal? Vets tonight?WP_20150122_001.jpg

Symptoms of fungal, mites and ringworm are all very similar and treatments very different, a vet visit will confirm which it is.

It looks rather fungal to me, but please have it vet checked! Not every fungal spot is ringworm, but if you can order enilconazole (imaverol) dip from Hyperdrug - provided that the diagnosis is fungal indeed - then that is the most effective, but still mildest topical treatment so close to sensitive organs.

Yeah, I'd be inclined to think fungal, let us know how your pretty lady gets on x

If it is indeed fungal, I would just go for itranfungal. I have had a couple of piggies with ringworm, and it has cleared very quickly, and hasn't passed on to any of the cage mates, but I used itranfungal every time.

Itrafungol is prescription only, so you can only get it through your vet.

Fungal confirmed, prescribed Imaverol. I should have written down the other name...like a doofuss I just ran straight out the house.

All piggies are going to be treated, gosh that's going to take me some time. Have been told by vets to watch our own skin for signs of Ringworm and take all precaution. Sadly Mowgli now also has signs and has a fungal spot above/on his eye lid, so that's going to be interesting to treat. Will let you know how I get on.

Fungal confirmed, prescribed Imaverol. I should have written down the other name...like a doofuss I just ran straight out the house.

All piggies are going to be treated, gosh that's going to take me some time. Have been told by vets to watch our own skin for signs of Ringworm and take all precaution. Sadly Mowgli now also has signs and has a fungal spot above/on his eye lid, so that's going to be interesting to treat. Will let you know how I get on.

Here are our ringworm hygiene and treatment tips: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/ringworm-hygiene-and-pictures.115402/
If all goes well, you should get on top of it after about the third dip with otherwise healthy piggies.

Thanks Wiebke very useful indeed. First dip done. Luckily I had some latex gloves in the house, so I used them. I had no idea what a real pain in the backside this is. But totally dedicated so will do what it takes. I guess I'm taking a bit of a hit on health wise on the pigs at the moment. Perhaps I've got off very well in the past.

HI, I'm back. So after 3 sessions of treatment, other piggies doing great, however Marmalade who was initially affected is looking pretty grim. Any Advice? This is last night after another dipping. I'm concerned about the scabbing.
WP_20150202_001.jpg WP_20150202_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back