• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ticks On The Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Shields

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just now I was giving Salvatore a bath. I sprayed him with water, & in the sink water floated a LIVE TICK. I am sharing this so you can keep a lookout too. Sal does not play with the other animals. His home is not on a low level with theirs. They can't get to him. His bedding is fresh and store-bought. Yet a tick managed to climb all that way into his cage and get on him. Fortunately it did not bite him.
The message here is that if it can happen IT WILL, so regardless of how protective the environment, still check for parasites.

Tinkoz

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm glad your Guniea Pig was not bitten & thank God you decided to give a bath when you did. Thanks for the info

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Good grief! Didn't realise ticks could get onto piggies & we have paralysis ticks here that get on our pooches. I get my poochie vaccinated every year against these horrid parasites so hopefully there will be no such incident with my piggies.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Scary, thanks for the warning Pat and nice to see you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.